1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Finally got a better phone! Mandalay Bay and Flamingo 6/29 to 7/2

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by VegasDave, Jun 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

At the airport waiting to board. Last time I tried this my shitty phone was too slow to even attempt.

Originally planned on leaving tomorrow but moved my flight up when I realozed I was getting out of work pretty early today and had a comp myvegas room book for mid july that would not be used. called myvegas, switched it to tonight, rebooked my flight laat n if ht to non stop from sfo and away we go!

Have the 2nd and 3rd night of the trip booked at Flamingo because they offered up a slot tourney entry, plus my boss is having his bday celebration on wednesday with a cabana and dinner at palm in ceasars palace.

Plans are pool time both days, lil jon at xs tonight and probably drais club tomorrow.

Got dinner at tender thanks to myvegas!

No other plans but try to hit those super times pay!! Suggestions are welcome and i will try to update as much as possible!

2. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ugh! They said there is a fuel leak, how would that make the last passengers feel, just missed death???

3. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nevermind! Was the fuel truck, not the plane. I feel sooooooo much better....

5. JerryD

JerryD Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck! We have close to the same itinerary. 2 nights MB then 2 nights Flamingo, but not until October [emoji17]. I will live vicariously through your TR.

6. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will try to make it exciting, just landed!

7. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    uploadfromtaptalk1435635155490.jpg

I thought la reve got replaced?

8. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lol in the bathroom at the airport and a handicapp guy is raging because the only person in the bathroom took the o ly handicapp stall.

9. JerryD

JerryD Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He must be one of the extra grumpy people going home instead of just arriving.

10. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He should be raging. That's not supposed to be some random dude's comfort stall. I'll take it if it's the only stall left though. Only once have I ever exited with someone who actually needed it waiting, and yes, I did feel like an ass there.

Not sure why, but your pictures are coming out sideways. :( Might be too much of a hassle to figure out how to use it now, but tapatalk is great for live TRs, imo.

11. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree, dick move. I would be mad, his horn was a high shrill squeek, hurts the ears and he laid on it

12. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Long hauled by the taxi to Mandalay Bay.... Common!! So i get out, let him unload the luggage and tell him that he took an interesting route to get here. I then say I will give him $15 or we can call the cab authority.

Now I go to vegas a lot but i did not recognize he took a turn to the highway because it has been 9 years since my last long haul. I figure if my ride to Cosmo is $16, then $15 was more than fair enough because he was getting no tip from me. So he starts to get in my face and says just call them, so I dial and start talking to a young lady giving his name and license plate. She asks how much it was and I tell her $22. She says it should of been $18 and would I like to offer him cash or call the authorities. Meanwhile he is in my face aski mg if I came to Vegas to save money blah blah blah. I tell the girl he is trying to intimidate me and I can barely hear her and I step away to the curb.

I tell her I offered him $15 and he wants to argue so call who she needs to and I get put on hold right away. I give him one more chance and he takes it and leaves as I tell him I didnt come to save money but I sure didnt come to get scammed by him.

I figure he made a few extra bucks scamming everytime and if we dont hold them accountable in some way, it just goes on and on.

Next up, my big win!

13. sam_marques

sam_marques Vegas Vlogs Youtube / TeamClareVlogs

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice start! Looking forward to updates and pics!

14. JerryD

JerryD Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jackpot time!

15. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Man rough start...

That's the hardest fight I think I have ever read a cabbie try. Since you gave them his name and license at one point on the phone, he might still get a fine. Hope he does actually.

16. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We got longhauled/tunneled to Luxor last December - it was over $20 - I had an early morning flight that was delayed and I had been up for 24 hours and was too tired to fight. We go back in August to MGM - I have never had to tell a driver - no tunnel - but I sure will from now on.

Good luck with the rest of your trip.

17. DavidR82

DavidR82 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Even 18 seems to be a little too much for MB! I believe I've made it to T.I. For 16-17 before

18. Aplayer2

Aplayer2 wager enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good Job!
    I had a very similar experience on my last trip. Airport to Orleans specified no tunnel. He turns into tunnel and asks me why I am afraid of tunnels. I said nothing til we got to Orleans. The meter read $25 , I called my brother who had come in earlier he said his ride was 14 and change. I told the cabbie 15$ or call transit I refuse to pay. He tried belittling me, intimidating me, in the end someone from valet asked me if their was a problem, he took the money. The valet got his tag and said they would suspend him from the stand.

It was not about the $10 I just will not be taken. He just expected me to roll over

19. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah I figured $13 was going to be the fare and likely would just call it even with a 20. Dont know where transit authority gets their numbers...

20. JerryD

JerryD Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We took a cab from MB to the airport and it was under $15.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.