1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Table Games betting minimum odds in craps

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by patroyal2014, Jun 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patroyal2014

patroyal2014 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    must the minimum odds bet have to be 1x your pass line bet or can it be lower than 1x your pass line bet? example: table minimum is $15,so my flat bet is $15,

I bet $5 odds (if point is 4,6,8,10) and $6 odds (if point is 5 or 9)

2. Bo333

Bo333 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Minimum is your passline bet. I've seen them let you put less if you are all in.

3. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    minimum odds is usually table minimum...or, like Bo said, if you're all-in, they might let you put less.

4. Bo333

Bo333 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, sorry if I was misleading, I thought your passline bet was the table min. If it's more you can put less (to the table min as TIMSPEED said).

5. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Technically, the minimum odds bet is zero. You're not required to make it simply because you made a line bet.

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  6. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I bite my tongue every time I see someone put down a $25 line bet and no odds on a $10 table. I want to scream "$10 pass and $15 behind!!!".

7. mjamesp

mjamesp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea, but I have an edge on the come out roll!!!! You might expect to hear this response

8. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I played with a guy betting $50-75 on the PL and $25 on the odds... at a $10-15 table (can't remember which but those are the only tables I play so it was one or the other). :rolleyes2:

9. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dunno about vegas, but every time I've played $5 min tables elsewhere in the country $1 odds bets have been allowed.

Also bubble crap games in vegas allow it too.

10. Bazzito52

Bazzito52 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The pass line bet is actually "half a bet" - until it's been backed up with odds.

Look, the house edge for the pass line bet without odds is 1.41%

The aggregate house edge for the pass line bet with single odds is 0.89%

And you don't have an edge on the come out roll. There's an edge against the player on every bet there is - all the time. And the come out roll is identical for both the player who takes odds and the player who doesn't.

The only control you have over the house edge is to make is as low as possible - by taking odds on every bet!.

11. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A few years ago I saw someone playing that way and I made the same comment to him. His response...."I know what I am doing". All of us on the table thought he was a moron so stopped giving him any advice since he knew what he was doing.

It's so funny watching these people who think they know what they are doing when in actuality they don't. Lately unless the player seems to be confused with bets I don't give any advice unless he/she asks first. No sense if they don't want to listen or take advice.

12. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why would anyone do such a thing?

13. Bo333

Bo333 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen lots of players with multiple black on the pass line, nothing anywhere else. They just keep increasing their pass bets. They also tend to play a lot of field bets.

They don't know about odds and don't understand when the dealers tells them they don't have odds. To them a field bet is a good bet, look at all those numbers you can hit to win!
    They generally don't like to be given advice. Not sure if they think they actually know how to play or just too proud to ask. Not sure if they know the rest of the table except for their buddies think they are idiots.

14. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, but some people play just to pass the time, have some fun and get free drinks. I have a friend, all she does is make a minimum line bet, get free drinks, and cheer when she wins. She can play for hours on less than a hundred bucks. Its not how I like to play, and certainly don't understand it if you're betting black chips, but I understand why a low level player doesn't want to put as much at risk on any given roll

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  15. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Guess that's why I mostly bet downtown with their $3 and $5 tables. I usually just make single odds bets so I usually only make $5 or $6 odds bets unless the shooter and tablet gets warm. But then I'm the hit and run player, if the table is cold I don't stick around and will probably go elsewhere (downtown so easy to move around) to play.

I guess I can't see playing black and not putting down odds but then I'm not a big bettor so I seldom play with black chips unless I hit on a hot table.

16. gadgets19

gadgets19 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This triggered a question. With $15 behind do you leave it at that when the point is 5/9 knowing the math isn't even or do you adjust up or down?

17. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Add $1.

I

18. flyguyfl

flyguyfl MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very good answer.

19. mrem3200

mrem3200 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Real nice to refer to them as idiots, maybe they are maybe they aren't. Craps can be a very intimidating game for someone new to it. Maybe they just started to play and someone told them to play that way and they don't know any better, maybe that is their "lucky" strategy, maybe they are not obsessed with squeezing every .1% of the house advantage. I like to play the hard ways, yes I know it is a stupid bet but I like to do it and I don't care. So I guess I am an idiot too. And by your definition so is anyone that plays any game without the lowest HA.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.