1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Thinking of getting married in a room at the Cosmo

Discussion in 'Vegas Weddings' started by atom, Jun 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After more than a dozen years and many Las Vegas trips together, my girlfriend and I are looking into tying the knot in Vegas this Fall. So, I'm looking for some advice from those who have gone before...

We will likely have the ceremony performed by Wedding Wagon (thanks, VMB! I first learned about them here), and we're trying to choose a location. Our best idea, so far, is to rent a room at the Cosmopolitan with a terrace overlooking the Bellagio Fountains and have the ceremony there. We would probably rent it for 2-3 days, starting the afternoon of the ceremony. So, it would be our wedding venue and our "honeymoon suite" in one. We think it would be fantastic to have the ceremony right out on the balcony, and the Cosmo's central strip location should be easy for our guests to get to. We've become off strip/downtown people over the years, but we will make an exception once in a while and stay at the Cosmopolitan for a night. It's easily our favorite strip property.

So, has anyone here done this already? Any concerns? Tips? What was your experience with Wedding Wagon? Would you use them again? "Hidden" costs I should know about?

Would it make sense to inform the Cosmopolitan of our plans to have a ceremony in the room? When we book? At check-in? We could have a group of 15 or so people coming... are we likely to have any trouble with bringing that many people to our room? What haven't I thought of?

I never thought I'd be posting in this forum. Holy crap, is this really happening?!?

2. touche22

touche22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ah. can't help you but I look forward to the answers. Might be in same position in Sept.

3. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I definitely wouldn't inform them.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had a 10 year anniversary get together after we renewed our vows last July and host there comped me a wrap around specifically for the after party.

Ordered lots of beer and 24 Champagne glasses from room service. ...no problems what so ever!!!

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would tend to agree with this. Assuming you will not be trying to cram in folks wall to wall... it will just be another day at the hotel.

If you inform them, they may decide there is some rule or charge required.

6. texdan17

texdan17 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just did this for a friend -- got her in a wraparound suite for four nights. they invited too many people though and had about 40 folks in this tiny space...also used the same ministry service (which, by the way, did an excellent job) -- I told her not to inform anyone of the event because it really doesn't matter...Cosmo has never had security checking keys on the ground level (although I sometimes think they need to)...everything worked out fine and 15 people should fit nicely. Just make sure you ask for the North facing/fountain view room... depending on when you go, it might also be worth booking a smaller room and asking for the upgrade cost to the wraparound --- for us, it was three nights comped + 1 at $299 for the regular room and then upgraded at $75/nt to the wraparound.

7. Lvfun23

Lvfun23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely get a Frieds cake! They are fantastic!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the tips. Glad to hear the positive feedback on Wedding Wagon. We had a wrap around once before and it was really nice. I think we will probably end up booking a fountain view and try to get upgraded to a wrap around. Still lots to figure out... we haven't even told all of our potential guests yet. :)

9. kingpasty

kingpasty High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We got married at a chapel and had our reception in a Wrap Around Suite. It was great! The bell helped us out by getting all of our food/beer up to the room. Greased him with a $10 and he took it below through the service elevators. I don't think they're very keen on you bringing in tons of booze/food from the outside.

10. kathleenandbill

kathleenandbill Newbie

My husband and I got married by Wedding Wagon last year in August. There were no hidden cost. They were fantastic. I would highly recommend them and when we renew our vows we will use them again. There pictures were so good that we bought every one of them. You cant beat the cost and how friendly they are. We got married in our room in flamingo and took our pictures down in the wildlife area(cant think of name at moment). Again you cant go wrong using WW for your ceremony.

11. wirralgirl

wirralgirl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Used the Wedding Wagon,2 weeks ago-our location was our suite,at the Bellagio.The WW where fantastic-we met at the pre arranged location,right on time.Rev. Peck and his wife Pia,officiated-and they are great British people,who put us at ease,straight away!!!-would recommend the WW in a heartbeat!!! We didnt inform the B of this-no need to!!! Good Luck!!!

12. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the recent reviews and congrats on your recent nuptuals! Our ceremony is coming up quick! We have a fairly small group, and we're not planning to use the space for a reception, so I think the room will be perfect for us. We may end up using them for photography as well, so it's good to hear positive feedback on that as well.

13. wirralgirl

wirralgirl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We used them,and our pictures are wonderful!!-would recommend them highly!!!! Good luck!!!

14. BlackEight88

BlackEight88 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you follow through with this? How did it go? I am also thinking of going this exact route in August. My biggest concerns is not getting the best view of the fountains. Debating other rooms as well but the wraparound seems to have the best view... Would only be 5-15 people

15. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Premium fountain view wraparound suite will guarantee you the best view. They're on the northeast corner of the east tower.

16. BlackEight88

BlackEight88 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm planning on having a reception in the wraparound. We have about 30 people coming. Utilizing the room + the terrace is this going to be too packed?

17. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We did go through with it and it worked out great! Wedding Wagon was on time, professional, and did a fantastic job with the ceremony. The room and balcony gave us plenty of space for my bride to get ready and for our guests to gather. Our guests were amazed with the space, and the view.

We had roughly 20 people and it did not feel crowded at all. We stood at the point of the balcony for the ceremony, with our guests lined up on either side. The Wedding Wagon photog took some fantastic photos during and after the ceremony with the strip as our backdrop.

Since most of our guests were staying downtown, we made arrangements with Main Street Station and treated our guests to the Sunday Brunch buffet. They set us up with our own private table, and we were able to bypass the line and go right in when we arrived. The food selection pleased even the fussiest eaters in our party, and the space is quite nice.

Our wedding trip included a side trip to San Diego (2 days) and a week and a half in Vegas. All toghether, our airfare, rental vehicle, rooms, meals, entertainment, the Sunday Brunch for 20 people, the Wraparound Suite, the photos and the ceremony - all cost far less than a typical formal wedding and reception would have cost us back home. If we had it to do over, we wouldn't change a thing.

• Like Like x 4
  18. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a great wedding - congratulations; may you have a long and happy marriage!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.