1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hash House A Go Go's breakfast?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by tagac27, Jun 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tagac27

tagac27 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are the Hash House A Go Go's breakfasts any good? Thanks!

2. Scottndindy

Scottndindy High-Roller

They are really good. They give you a ton of food. I enjoy coming here whenever I am hungover and need a morning pick me up.

3. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They are great! Tons of food, you won't leave hungry.

4. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I sure think so and have eaten at the various locations a half dozen times or so... but HHAGG is one of the most debated eateries here on the VMB and if you do a search, you'll see plenty of "overrated", etc. comments.

5. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I dissent. I was not at all impressed. They are trying to be too foodie. I would much rather have a basic breakfast done well than to have a "creative" breakfast done so-so at best. There's another thread which gives a bunch of similar dissenting opinions.

For a great breakfast try Peppermill or Blueberry Hill. Both of them put Hash House a Go-go to shame!

6. BCMike

BCMike VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Breakfast was great. There was about 50% more than needed though!

7. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We love their food & their creative twists! The chicken & waffles are very good.....pancakes are massive. I get the blueberry-pecan & eat about 1/2 of it. We do try to share since the servings are way too much for 1 person.

8. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
  9. jbee

jbee Low-Roller

We had breakfast several times when they were at the 'M'. We would order accordingly. 3 of us-order 1 big breakfast and 1 medium sized breakfast.
    Good food and a lot of it. Nothing to jump up and down for. But good.

10. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly, its good food, nothing gourmet. I see it as one of those fun, odd and different kind of places that blend well with vacations and Mimosas.

11. ICallHimGamblor

ICallHimGamblor Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know why HHAGG polarizes people so much. I like it mostly for the weirdness value and the fried chicken benedict and chicken and waffles. You will find many people who find it overrated and will even (bizarrely) complain about the rosemary sprigs they use to decorate the plates.

I say check it out for a 'vegas thing'. You might be one of the people who likes it. The absolute worst scenario is that you will get a lot of food that is 'overrated'. If that's the worst thing that happens to you in vegas, it was a great trip :)

12. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was good and large portions were given.

13. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's kinda like the Battista's of the breakfast world. These are places that people either seem to love or hate. I guess if all of us liked the same things the world would be a very boring place!

14. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For me, the food was good but I like my breakfast food simple. A skillet pushes my comfort zone so all those twists don't do much for me. I got basically a basic breakfast combo. It was well prepared but way too much food. For me, I'm better off at a lower key place getting lower key fare but I wouldn't discourage anyone from giving it a shot.

15. mrem3200

mrem3200 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never really understood the places like this that want their "thing" to be huge portions. By all accounts (I have never been there) the food is fine, some people love it, others not so much. But universally people comment on the huge portions. Great, you are going to give me (and almost everyone else) more food than I can eat so we are all paying for food that is going to end up in the dumpster.

16. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, it isn't. Not by any metric.

17. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are a big eater than HHAGG is a good place to eat. If you aren't a big eater then you will probably waste a lot of your meal (unless you make a take out plate). Because of their big portions their prices are a little on the higher side (IMHO) but it is worthwhile if you want to split a meal with a friend or SO.

I ate at HHAGG many years ago but I haven't eaten there since, mostly because I don't eat that much anymore and don't want to pay the higher prices for a meal I won't eat half of. HHAGG should consider having a selection of "mini" portions for lower prices. They may have one or two dishes that could be considered "mini" but not the type I was interested in. For a lower price I could go to the fremont buffet but that's JMHO.

18. BCMike

BCMike VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here's an example. That's a dinner plate but it's breakfast.

[​IMG]

19. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In defense of HHAGG (what? am I actually doing this?) :) they do now offer a so-called "Regular American Breakfast" with sensible portion sizes. Mine was so-so at best. The scrambled eggs looked and tasted like steamtable eggs and the breakfast potatoes were gross! Blackened and majorly overseasoned. Some Hells Kitchen wannabe trying to be "creative" I'm sure. :(

20. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ate at the HHAGG located on Sahara a couple of weeks ago, and it seemed as if the portions were a bit smaller than usual. Still a lot of food, but not nearly as much as I have seen piled on a plate in the past - I could actually almost finish it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.