1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The D Vintage Slots Go Bye Bye

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by Royal Flusher, Jun 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Word is that the coin dropper machines upstairs at The D are being taken out and replaced with inventory they purchased from the Riviera.

I hope they leave some of them alone like the lone Loose Deuce nickle VP machine.

2. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That sucks!
    If that happens, then I'll have to get my "coin-in" fix at MSS, or Carson Nugget...

3. marksind

marksind VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!! Can't they just leave well enough alone? The upstairs usually seems to be getting decent traffic and play when we're there. Most of our time at the D is spent upstairs playing quarter 8/5 progressive bonus poker at the bar, but when we're getting killed my wife will stop the bloodletting by playing that dueces wild nickel machine. I love that machine. I've hit the four dueces four times, always when I sit in because she's taking a potty break. She's only hit it once. It's pretty much just a time killer until those four dueces show up.

I find I lose more money at the coin droppers because I don't want to deal with all the coins, so when I'm up a bunch I don't cash out and when I'm losing I play to zero. And of course with that mentality it means I usually end up at zero. Does anyone else find they are less inclined to cash out on a coin dropper?

4. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How about the Sigma Derby?

5. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The sigma derby is supposedly staying from what I read about this. They got the hold cranked to 20% on that thing (maximum the unit allows), and it's often full, so it's pretty profitable.

6. Gofaster87

Gofaster87 Low-Roller

Was there last Thursday. $1 progressive bank is still there with BP and DB. Still have many coin dropper reel slots. I think the progressive .25 is still partially there. Keno is there and the bank of blue game kings that pays out in nickels if under $50 is still there.

7. MrBBonz

MrBBonz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thats kind of sad if true. I would hope they could find a way to keep a corner set to the old machines just as a throw back. I always liked their upstairs because the music is older.

8. QIKFIX

QIKFIX Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Def a sad day when all these machines are no longer.

Q

9. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't realize it was so much of a house game! :( I always seem to do fairly well, and it's a fun game and a great way to suck up free drinks with a minimum investment.

It's gotta be a slow profit for them! It takes a few minutes for each race.

10. MrBBonz

MrBBonz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you bet alot of quarters and loose though ;). Ive made money on it before, at 200-1 longshot bets that come through. It is a very social game also, almost up there with craps.

11. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's an incredibly fun game! I love it! I do avoid the real longshots. I've had good luck playing one quarter each on the second favorite and the next to the longshot.

12. savage810

savage810 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bad news, this. Coin-droppers are fun from time to time, and the ambience of upstairs seemed based on these "retro" machines. I hope they don't "downstairsify" it.

13. Droyus

Droyus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was at the D a few days ago. The Sigma Derby machine was full and a bunch of people were waiting for seats. They seriously need to find another one of those machines, refurbish it and put it up there. Both machines would be packed!

14. reen1962

reen1962 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Going at the end of July. I hope they stay put until after then. I need one last time up there playing the .25 poker with the huge percentage payout! I always win on that. I, too, love sigma derby. I never make any money, but my hubby does. I like it for the social aspect - cheap drinks, cheering for my horse, and a quarter at a time!

It's Been Too Long 'Ol Friend! :-)
  15. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The loud noise would kill me. I don't really care if they get rid of most of the coin droppers. As long as the VP stays decent.

16. Jane42

Jane42 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I stop by the Mermaid, I never cash out...do not want to deal with the change and don't want to bother heading to the back to cash it in.........lazy! (or in too much of a hurry to lose my money somewhere else!) Although, last time I was there, a lot of the machines had the TITO.

17. RIRugrat

RIRugrat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was DT last weekend and I can confirm that all of the slots at Mermaids are now TITO, which makes me sad. With this news about the vintage slots being removed from The D the only coin-in/coin-out options DT will be Le Bayou and the Treasure Chest machines at the Cal.

Chris

18. Foos

Foos High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They still have coin droppers at the El Cortez

19. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This kind of sucks. That is why I liked DT, the older Vegas feel....

20. MrBBonz

MrBBonz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do like the vintage feel of the old machines. They are time consuming though, and anyone with old gambling stories can tell you about the black "paint" that gets on your hands after a while lol. I understand why everyone is switching over, but I hope places at least keep a section of old machines.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.