1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Do you pick up pennies, nickels, change off the street?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Piggylane, Jun 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always for some reason notice change on the floor in stores, parking lots and the street and 99% of the time I will pick it up (only if it is safe to do so). If it's in a store and just pennies it goes into the penny dish at the counter. If it's more than that it's in my pocket!

Over the course of a year I pick up close to $100. A couple weeks ago I was leaving Home Depot and someone had left their change on top of the trash can, a total of $0.91. I picked it up, in my pocket it went. A guy saw me do it, gave me a dirty look. Probably a dozen people had walked by before me and didn't react to it. Their loss, my gain.

Now if you think I'm heartless I'm very well paid and give very large amounts of cash directly to those in need. I see this found money as a transfer mechanism. My largest find was $400 - four $100 bills - under an unattended slot chair at the Imperial Palace years ago. I donated all of it.

So, do you look for lost change? Find any? What do you do with it? Don't care because only cheapskates pick pennies?

2. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do if I see it but never close to $100 over a year.

3. bu$hman

bu$hman Guppie trying to become a whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Easy answer...Yes. It typically goes, along with most of my change, to the children's, savings accounts.

4. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes.

Bill

5. vegasfan

vegasfan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Find a penny pick it up, all the day you'll have good luck. I don't like carrying much change around but I still pick it up.

6. BCMike

BCMike VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup, I go for long walks each day and live above a mall. I probably find $2 or $3 in change a week. I save it in my lucky change jar though following the find a penny, pick it up superstition. I assume finding a quarter gives me 25 days of luck lol.

7. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same here... I don't think I'm necessarily "on the hunt" for it, but if I see it... I consider it good luck to pick it up.

8. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ditto.

9. GeorgeandTheBear

GeorgeandTheBear High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I own some self-service car washes. I am always finding small amounts of change, mostly pennies near the vacuums. It takes about a second to pick one up. There are 3600 seconds in an hour. I figure this is better than the CW business, since I've never made $36 an hour :)

10. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Absolutely I pick coins up, even a penny, although I keep hearing that people don't bother these days. My biggest find was $10 (impressive, huh). However, I'm sure I've lost more than that over the years. The $10 bill that floated out of my bathing suit in Hilton Head over 25 years ago still bothers me, and I haven't yet figured out what happened to the five 1's I had in my pocket last month. Any found coins go into a coffee mug, and if it ever gets filled ...

11. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    why not? and at the end of each when i get home i empty all the change in my pocket into a jar... when it's full i'll have about $100... that hondo goes into my slush fund for gambling.

12. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I pick up change, even pennies, a coworker saw me picking one up once and asked why, I said when I get 5 of them I take it to the bank and they give me a nickle, he didn't really understand.

13. BCMike

BCMike VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought I had a flat tire once, pulled over to check it and found a $20 on the ground. My tire was fine. Loose change is getting harder to find back in Canada when I'm there, where the penny was eliminated years ago.

14. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some people say it's a little message from the angels. Some people say it's good luck. I think you're a magnet for finding it because you donate it.

15. Dek

Dek Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh yes, I pick any coin up regardless of the value and think myself lucky that it was waiting for me!

16. Mooda

Mooda Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have found a lot of change on the floor at the check out lines at the grocery store.

17. Brick

Brick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I pick up each and every coin I find. Pennies make nickels make dimes make dollars.

18. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Only if it's heads up. If it's tails up, I totally ignore it.

19. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I pick it up, following the penny superstition mentioned here. Then I stick it in a jar until it fills up and we go to a coinstar machine and use the money for pizza man delivery tips, girl scout cookie purchases, and the occasional BMW or two.

20. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hell yes. I pick up any money anywhere. I keep and roll my chain all year and then before Vegas I take it to the bank. I get around 150-200 bucks.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.