1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

NHL Awards and a great comp

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Maqaiti, Jun 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maqaiti

Maqaiti Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, I have only spent one night at MGM on the tail end of a trip in 2013, but had a great summer offer for four nights in a suite, limo, resort credit and freeplay. Called VIP services today to give them our flight details for the limo pick up, and just thought I'd ask if they could help me get two tickets to the NHL awards that were announced yesterday that just happen to be at MGM while I'm there. The very nice lady asked if she could put me on hold while she called a host, came back and we now have two comped tickets to the NHL Awards!! My friend that I am bringing, a vegas virgin, is a huge hockey fan so it should be fun! Also got an email from the host in case I need anything else at all before we get there. Can't wait to see how this trip goes!

2. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's awesome! I've attended many games and events, even a couple of NHL drafts (I work for a Sports TV network in Canada) but I've always wanted to check out the awards. Maybe in a few years when my dream comes true and I get a job covering the Las Vegas NHL Team (Dreams!) I will be able to attend. Though my luck, they'll move the awards somewhere else by then

3. BCMike

BCMike VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's cool!

4. Count de Monet

Count de Monet High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went to it a few years ago at the Palms, great parties before and after. Should have the Cup on display.

uploadfromtaptalk1433524742625.jpg

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  5. Maqaiti

Maqaiti Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hadn't even considered that the awards may influence the atmosphere a bit and lead to some parties. Coming from Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, I don't usually think of Vegas as a hockey town when I'm there. Looking forward to it though, for sure.

6. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure if this offer is specific to me or if it was sent to everyone (I have virtually no status with MGM), but I got an email today for a room at the MGM Signature and two tickets to the NHL Awards for only $155 total. I wish I could go, but I can't. Seems like a great deal. Here's the link if anyone is interested:

https://reservations.mgmmirage.com/bookingengine.aspx?pid=005&host=offer&code=SNHLS15W&ecid=em_2015_06_sign_SNHLS15W

Have fun Maqaiti! Hopefully you let us know how it was afterward.

7. srudude87

srudude87 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you head downtown at all, go to the D or Golden Gate and ask for host Darren Banks. Guy played about 25 games for the Bruins in the early 90s. He's got some stories to tell about fighting the heavyweights. When you see him you'll be surprised to know he's a former hockey player, looks like an NFL tight end. Said he usually meets up with guys like Crosby and Subban when they're in town. Also talks to alot of former Red Wings players. Really good guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.