1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Dear SWA

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by mdee, Jun 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, we all know you have a big sale going on. However the low rates are rarely the ones posted. Or the locations are lame.
    But if your Servers can't handle the load then it's time to upgrade your systems.

*I've been trying for 2 days to book a Nov 2015 trip to Las Vegas and every time I get to the end and hit book trip I get dumped out!
    I thought it was my WiFi. I rebooted my Modem, tried other Browsers etc. Has anyone else had booking issues in the last 24+ hours?

2. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got continuous errors yesterday afternoon. This morning I checked and it looks like all of the OMA-LAS flights that fit my schedule are regular price.

3. Lhammer28

Lhammer28 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know! and then I called them in regards to expired LUV vouchers and I was on hold for 45 mins. it was a mess. I told them I couldn't book anything online either, they said they were fixing it. Then I went at 1am and same crap.

4. karens625

karens625 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Would not work for me yesterday either. But seems all well now

5. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just tried to book -- prices are not lower - unless I want a huge layover. -- But the system still not working -- Don't know who is getting the $49 fares but not here. My nonstop fare I am trying to book is $213 to vegas and $203 return. I can pay $182 if I want to leave around 6 am and change planes with a layover.

6. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  7. ExVegasLocal

ExVegasLocal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was unable to book on the the 3rd, but this morning (06/04), all was working well. I grabbed a flight from DEN to LAS for July 11 for $54 ($66.50 with early bird check in). I'm driving back, so didn't need a return flight. I'm doing the happy dance.

8. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Still can't get on -- high demand message -- but the sale is extended until Friday.

9. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not working at all right now at 11:00 AM CDT on Thursday.

10. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am unable to get on and confirm my son's earlybird check in completed for his flight tomorrow. This is unacceptable for a company as large as Southwest.

11. Kit39

Kit39 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am a travel agent so this has been a complete nightmare for us and our travelers. Just keep trying to get in. I personally just booked my flight home from Vegas in July and I also checked in one of my passengers. Keep it open in a browser and just keep refreshing the screen.

12. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked tues night. In the middle of booking my price went up! Sister got the sale price, I got the old price. Next morning the sale price was listed again. Thurs the price is back to full rack rate. Sister and I were booking at the same time...only difference? I changed the # of people flying to 2 instead of 1...flight out went from $211 to $252. At least my flight home was on sale for $189. Prices from the northeast have gotten out of control....at least for the 1 nonstop from BDL.

13. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Supposedly a few of the OMA-STL less popular flights were $49 yesterday.

As I said somewhere I checked to LAS and found the usual fares.

14. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was finally able to *Book this morning! YEAH!!! That was crazy! (*Not a sale price)
    It got so bad yesterday that I couldn't even log into SWA with my name and password!
    Now I'll have to sit back and wait for the offers to roll in. No clue where I'll be staying.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  15. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For the dates I am thinking about, there was a lower rate posted before the sale and It's still lower. But I can see where people have started going crazy booking flights to Vegas. I am hoping you can do a flexible search date today because you couldn't yesterday.

16. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most, if not all, of the advertised $49 fares are not for a long-haul flight. They are for the short 1 hour commuter type flights, and/or to less popular destinations or routes. The most popular / in demand routes will see the usual fares listed.

17. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How do you tell if the price shown is the sale price or just the standard price? Will it tell you?

18. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You really need to know the usual price of what you're looking at. That varies quite a bit but if you check routes on Southwest frequently you get a feel for it.

19. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's it right there. Routes you know on a carrier you use frequently. That's how we are with Alaska Air.

20. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Much as I love SWA this sale was a joke, I had to go into mid October on a Tuesday to find the lowest rate advertised, worse the flight we booked for next month was actually higher each way than when we booked. Gonna do a sale do a real sale not just 8 days out of the next 6 months.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.