1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

VMB newbie

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by VegasChic-BFF, Jun 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasChic-BFF

VegasChic-BFF Tourist

Apparently VMB requires certain number of posts before access granted to certain things....so this seems like a good spot to start.

I just returned from a Vegas EXPERIENCE. I couldn't use "weekend" - the word would have made the weekend sound too trite...hanging out with VegasChic and Sis and meeting some VMB crew is like a mouse looking up at the Grand Canyon for the first time. (Think of words like "awe-inspiriing"). I immediately (from airport) signed up to be a newbie member of VMB...so here I am. It has not even been 24 hours since I returned and my next trip is booked. YAY.

I'm from Canada and have always enjoyed going to Vegas. Flights (more in the past than now) used to be cheaper going to Vegas than another city in the country. Case in point - I lived outside Ottawa for many years. One Xmas it was $1200 flight round trip between Ottawa and Vancouver. Same schedule = Mid-week flight, taxes, fees, seat selection, yada yada yada came to $350 round trip with AIR CANADA! Yes, it could take 8-14 hours to get there...but the flight was so cheap. During this period, round trip flight from Ottawa to Toronto (1 hour each way) was more than this. So guess where I went all the time. I've been to Vegas probably +45 times but was only an event goer - fly in/fly out - fly in go to Madanna concert (when she wouldn't come into Canada); fly in to go boxing match; dragon boat competitions and practices (when Lake Mead used to have water) - you get the picture. Most of these trips I was merely a passenger on the bus so didn't know much about anything.....

Now, after this past weekend, my eyes are open a little wider....starting to learn terms like BR, coin-in, CET - all things I didn't know before this weekend. I'm seeing a new side of how things need to be done. Is this a cheesy time to say and I want to be "all in"?

As in all my habits since I've met her - "It is all VegasChic's fault" (and those who know her will not be surprised).

2. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome you have 2 great friends and mentors

but be warmed, reading this site absolutely will increase that itch in the back of your skull, to return to Vegas

3. Angiemac

Angiemac Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is ALWAYS vegas chic's fault....especially as kids! LOL
    It was great seeing you this weekend! Looking forward to another one!

4. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hahaha! Love that the next one is booked in! You go girl!

5. VegasChic-BFF

VegasChic-BFF Tourist

Thanks frank67 > I do have great friends/mentor.

VegasChic > Did I mention it's always your fault...lol.

6. Hobofrank

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK lesson #1 for VMB?

everything is PleePleus's fault

it's a Catechism, learn it by repeating often!

also I think you unlock things by 15,30 then 50 posts

so start running your mouth about random things

I've never met a woman who found this a challenge, "I KEED":wink2:

7. VegasChic-BFF

VegasChic-BFF Tourist

Hahaha - Thanks for the tip.....blab on about random things to no one in particular? I might be able to do that. LOL.

8. Hobofrank

Trips to Las Vegas:
    step out of your comfort zone and give it a shot for a change, my wife could give you tips on how to do this if you need help?

9. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome VC's bff and sister! I'm sure you ladies will love the site. Wish I could've met all of you this past weekend, looked like a blast!

10. Angiemac

Angiemac Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our trips keep getting better and better and meeting all the VMBs adds a new dimension ....wonder if we can some how convince the hubbies to more trips!! Hahaha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.