1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Gold Coast Offer - Dare I wait?

Discussion in 'Off-Strip Hotels' started by nhcris, May 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nhcris

nhcris VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I popped over to Gold Coast in March and played for a couple of hours. That generated an offer for 2 nights in a suite, $150 free play and two $75 food vouchers good for July & August. This is a pretty nice offer in comparison to my usual MSS offer of 3 nights & two $20 vouchers.

I am doing a July trip and need to add 2 nights on to the front end, but I would prefer to stay Downtown. I am not sure I particularly like Gold Coast (although it often takes me a couple times to be sure about a place) plus I am likely to be solo those nights and I don't see any way that I would use more than a fraction of the food voucher. The video poker did not seem as good as Downtown (I am a 4 Queens progressive whore) especially at the bars. Did I miss something?

Anyway, what I am really wondering is whether or not you B-connected experts think this is a one shot offer, or if it is likely to show up again? I hate to miss a one time opportunity.

2. NickPapageorgio

NickPapageorgio OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    GC will push you that offer for several months. Don't fret. Their suites aren't bad for an off strip property though. Give it a shot.

The VP at GC is solid considering the paytable downgrades going on everywhere.

Nick:beer:

3. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The GC is a decent place, IMHO as nice as anything downtown except the Nugget. You have the Rio and Palms across the street. The Rio has better shuttles to the strip (if you want that) than the GC. You don't have to be staying at the Rio to use their shuttles (they have 2 separate shuttles, one to Harrah's and one to Bally's. )

4. nhcris

nhcris VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you both for your replies. I would like to stay there eventually, but preferably when I have someone to keep me company in case I don't love it. And to help me use up that $150 in food :)

Now that it seems likely the offer will come again I will hold off until fall.

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  5. Dewey089

Dewey089 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree. The offers rarely dry up.

6. nhcris

nhcris VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Dewey!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  7. ngrund

ngrund High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    book it, you can always cancel

8. ngrund

ngrund High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    and if you like Chinese food, Ping Pang Pong is voted one of the best in the US and can help put a dent in that food credit

9. MGinCO

MGinCO VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am Emerald, I give them over 10k each day, and I still only get 2 free nights, $60 FP, and $25 ea day food.
    Plus offers for all their tourneys.
    If I want more days, I go through my host.

I have never gotten a suite or $150 FP.
    You must have played a lot.

10. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree...but then again, they're comped at Palazzo also, so that says something...

11. nhcris

nhcris VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually, I am a pretty low roller. I play quarter vp and slots at $2 or less a spin for the most part. I was only at GC a couple hours which is why this offer surprised me. My usual MSS offer is 3 nights & $40 food, so that sums me up for the most part. I run $5000-$7000 coin on a good day I think.

As far as Palazzo goes, I probably play a solid 12 hours most days (primarily slots as their vp sucks) and that generates pretty consistent offers. I never win there though, so maybe that is why they like me ;)

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.