1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wynn Tower Tipping Questions

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by johnvic, May 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm staying at Wynn Tower Suites in 11 days, but who's counting. I'm excited and its's a step in treating myself to a certain level of luxury. I normally tip room service daily, $5.

I know tipping is a personal preference but I don't want to look like a stiff. Do I tip separately for turn down service? I normally just take my own luggage to my room, I don't use a porter. Am I expected to use one? I hate having someone carry stuff for me.

Any Wynn Tower experience suggestions? This may seem stupid but I want to enjoy the experience as much as I can.

Vegas Spring Trip!
  2. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's a nice place, but certainly not unique when it comes to tipping. Just follow normal LV tipping guidelines (which there are many threads about) and you'll do fine.

Bill

3. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You won't be expected to use the bellman. Someone will probably ask you if you want help with your bags. But, "no thanks" is a perfectly acceptable response.

I usually tip for turndown service, but not as much as I tip normal housekeeping.

As mentioned, tip as you normally would and you'll be fine.

4. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stay at the Wynn tower suites maybe 8 times a year. You are not EXPECTED to up a dime. They should and will treat you the same whether you give the bellman zero or 20 bucks. The service there I find to be impeccable. I always tip the maid service upon departure unless I had a party with a big clean up I will leave some cash. How much? Well for a regular tower suite room where you stated 3 or 4 days I would say 20 bucks is really nice but again not EXPECTED! NEVER NEVER feel like a stiff for not tipping a bellman or maid service. It is there job! I personally believe in tipping as I know what they have to go through and all employees could use a little non taxable cash. It is a nice gesture.

5. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought this thread was about the tower actually tipping. Like in Pisa. I need more sleep at night.

6. RM777

RM777 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hahahahahahahaha

7. Malibugolfer

Malibugolfer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tip daily housekeeping and turn down. I do it per day for each since sometimes the staffing can change if one waits until checkout.
    I am in salons usually and, given their size, a larger tip is mandated.
    For a regular TS room I would not tip less than $5 to each service.
    No need to use a bellman if you do not choose.

8. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks all!

Vegas Spring Trip!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.