1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Credit Card Holds

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by IWannaBeInVegas, Feb 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone know how much Planet Hollywood and Mandalay Bay places on hold on CC's for incidentals and if thy can be waived at either of those properties? I know when I stayed at Flamingo in 2011 they were suppose to do $100 a day and I advised the lady I did not need charging privileges and she did not put any holds, also did the $20 trick so not sure if that helped or not.

2. easy_money

easy_money High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't speak for MB, but for PH, it's still the same, at least last year when I went. They put $100 a day, so if you're there for 3 days, they put a $300 hold on the card. But a previous time, The 2nd time I went last year, I told them I didn't need charging privileges and they said no need for CC then.

3. IWannaBeInVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thats good news, hopefully its the same. I have two low limit cards and if possible want to avoid the holds to keep them free incase things come up or I decide to rent a car for a day.

4. redsoxmom5

redsoxmom5 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All Caesars properties waived the incidentals hold without deposit except Rio and Caesar's Palace. Not sure if it's true, but I was told by a local property that all CET properties were going to start charging a deposit starting June 1 whether or not you need charging privileges.

5. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MB is 100 per day similar to MGM and Mirage.

Top tier places like Aria, Cosmo, Wynn, V/P do a 150 per day hold.

6. Knucklehead69

Knucklehead69 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had issue with MGM resorts telling be different things each visit. Sometimes required and sometimes not. Seems to be depending on the agent you get.
    I wlll say I was at MGM Grand about a month ago and asked for the exact policy that they have. Was told for regular grand tower room the hold is minimum $100 for 1 night and $200 for 2 nights or more. That is the minimum but you can always add more for house charge. They do let you leave this in cash instead of the credit card hold and I ALWAYS do it. It's very nice having the remaining cash handed back to you at checkout.

7. dreric

dreric Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed at MC last September and was told that for a standard room, no CC hold, but for any of the suites $100 per night.

8. IWannaBeInVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I called both ph and mb. Ph said if I do not want to charge to the room no deposit needed. Mb said with a standard too I could waive the deposit and turn off charging to the room, she noted my reservation stating such

9. tweis

tweis Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just stayed 4 nights at PH and they did not ask whether I wanted charging privileges or not but no hold was placed on my card. The Cromwell did however place a hold of $200 on my card.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.