1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The Results Are In - Vegas Message Board Survey 2015

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by TheCooler, May 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheCooler

TheCooler Professional Gambler and the Best Football Handica

I know I promised these results yesterday. I woke up and decided to make a day trip to the Horseshoe in Hammond. About halfway there I had a sudden realization that I needed to post the results. Sorry for the delay. Here we go.

There were 468 total respondents. I didn't ask where everyone was from, but luckily the website I used has this feature built in. It does seem that 25 people did not have their locations recorded.

United States: 377
    Canada: 35
    United Kingdom: 18
    Sweden: 2
    Finland: 1
    Germany: 1
    Spain: 1
    Ireland: 1
    Belgium: 1
    Netherlands: 1
    Switzerland: 1
    Australia: 1
    New Zealand: 1
    Taiwan: 1
    Myanmar (It'll always be Burma to me): 1

At the bottom of this post you will find a link to the results in pdf form. Two big things I forgot to put in the survey were bingo and buses. There were several comments from bingo players and bus riders who felt underrepresented in the survey. I do apologize for those omissions. You may remember that two of the questions (What is your favorite buffet? and What is your favorite restaurant?) were free response, rather than multiple choice. And because not everyone calls each restaurant or buffet by the same name, i.e. Wicked Spoon vs. Cosmo, the results are an absolute mess. Therefore, I have omitted the restaurant results and tabulated the buffet results by hand. They are linked in a spreadsheet below. I'd like to do this again in the future and will be seeking out a new service for the survey. I'm not terribly pleased with the way the results are tabulated on this site. That said, if anyone wants the full list of restaurants I would be happy to email it to you. Let me know if you have any questions. Enjoy!

VEGAS MESSAGE BOARD SURVEY 2015 RESULTS
    BUFFET SURVEY 2015 RESULTS

EDIT:

Here are the restaurant results in a Google Doc
    RESTAURANT SURVEY 2015 RESULTS

Last edited: May 26, 2015
  2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting. Based on a quick look at your results, this is the profile of a typical VMB member:

A 40 to 60 year old guy who goes to Vegas twice a year with friends or family, flies 4 to 6 hours to get there, is probably staying at the Aria or Cosmo, and comes armed with a bankroll between two and five thousand dollars to play slots at a denomination of less than $5 a spin :thumbsup:

I Need Spa
  3. TheCooler

Ha! Seems like a bankroll like that could last a long time. One thing about this website is it doesn't allow for cross tabulation. I think it would be nice to have interactive results that allow contingencies to be set. Like I said, I'll be looking for a better service for the future.

4. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I want to meet the 6 people who walk from the Airport to their hotel. :wave:

5. whaler55

whaler55 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would never want to meet the 6 people who walk from the airport to their hotel...

6. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was at the Hertz counter last year switching cars. A guy's credit card declined so he was unable to rent. He was contemplating walking to his hotel when the person at the counter pointed out the taxis were out front just for that purpose. I felt sorry for him, wondered how he was going to check in. Hope he had cash.

I have seen people walking along Tropicana towards the strip, presumably from the airport, dragging their bags. I need the exercise, but not that bad!

7. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Chef and 5 other people that aren't me. Walking from Rio to Bally's was bad enough.

And interesting results. A little more low roller than I expected. Probably because TRs are bit more skewed in the higher roller direction. Also it reminded me why I like this forum so much. The amount of people who play VP here almost match the people that play slots!

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  8. Catzilla

Catzilla VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for putting this together, TheCooler. I was surprised how many people actually like the same places as myself.

9. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well said.

Vmb is a sausage fest not surprisingly

10. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I actually thought about doing that once many years ago. Last August I walked from the pinball hall of fame to MGM and was ready to sleep for a day after that jaunt!

I Need Spa
  11. sigsev

sigsev Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegas is definitely not pedestrian friendly.

I'm kind of shocked most people bring less money than me. I guess tring is right in that we don't hear from the lower rollers in TRs as much. I didn't even think my trips were worth writing up really.

I also like the massive jump in responses when you get to 50+ trips lifetime. I'll probably be there in a couple years.

12. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for posting these. I knew I was younger but I didn't realize just how few people there are in their 20's here.

13. Gamesman

Gamesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I missed the survey. :-(

14. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also didn't realize how old most people are around here...

15. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    that is awesome! I don't feel like such a low roller now.....i thought so many more people were coming with over $10,000 bankrolls

16. GeorgeandTheBear

GeorgeandTheBear High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    TI seems to be our "home away from home". I had to chuckle when I noticed not a single person out of about 400 picked their buffet :thumbsdown: We eat there once every trip because they give us a BOGO coupon, but we have pretty much decided that's still more than it's worth.

17. TheCooler

Same here, I'm in my 20's. I thought there were more.

18. tcocona

tcocona Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cooler: Great job.If you do another survey I think it might be worthwhile to include bus transportation as a choice to hotel and for getting around.I feel unique as a person over 80 still going to vegas!!!!!!

19. NvrSumR

NvrSumR Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was thinking the same thing. I'm 31, and figured there would be a lot more people at least in their 30's than 50+.

20. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :nworthy:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.