1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Is it better to check in early or later

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by eaglejohn, May 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We get in 9:30 am and will be staying 3 days at MSS and 3 at Fremont. Do you get a chance at a better room upgrade (complimentary or $20) by trying to get the room earlier or later. No hurry for us to check in, and it will be a Tuesday. Probably be there by 11 am. and go to lunch and gamble a bit first anyway. I was thinking to go to desk, tell them I am here and what I was looking for and tell them I could wait.

2. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Theres little rhyme or reason to what you are asking. Check in is your first gamble when you arrive in LV, sometimes you may get a great room that went un-used from the night before and sometimes you may get a basic room that isn't real popular and that is why they didn't put anyone in it the night before. On a Tuesday check in I wouldn't over think the situation one bit, it likely won't matter as much. Just check in when you get there. If you want something particular ask and tell them you are willing to wait.

3. BCMike

BCMike VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can always try to check in early but it doesn't mean they'll actually let you. Most Vegas hotels have checkin at 3pm so they might even want to charge you more to check in early. Check out is 11am usually so there's a 4 hour period there where I assume they're hurriedly cleaning all the vacated rooms.

I'd personally try the early and see what they say. If they don't have the room, you can always wait but there's no guarantee on upgradaes/view etc anyways.

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You may or may not be better off with early vs late. Who knows?

I would go to checkin and if they are about to check you in, tell them you can wait until later if they can get you a better room than what is currently available.

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Keep in mind they start cleaning rooms at 9am, or earlier as some people leave well before the checkout time.
    As to the "quoted" checkin time, pretty much every hotel in America will post the 3 or 4pm checkin time to cover themselves. It is not like all the rooms are magically clean and available all at once at 3pm.

6. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On a Tuesday there should be plenty of rooms available, no reason to wait until later.

7. bluesdude

bluesdude VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have checked in early (in the AM) at MSS a couple of times before. Now there were no rooms ready but they at least knew we were there. I have even requested a upper floor. We checked our bags and went gambling. It really wasn't a big deal. I don't know how they handle it at the Fremont. Never stayed there.

Dead & Co with my son! June 4 or 5th - June 8th
  8. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At MSS, we've done both (early 1-2pm, and late 10-11pm).
    ALWAYS when we check in early, we get the room we requested (Single King NS, South Facing)
    ALWAYS when we check in late, we get a different room (Two Queen Smoking, Low Floor, North Facing)

At MSS, check in early 100%

9. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just hate long line-ups. I think it's 6 of 1, half dozen of the other. And like others have mentioned, they might not even let you. Some hotels are asking for an early check in fee. I'm sure you know you can dump your luggage at the bell desk, so that's not really an issue. I remember years ago on another Vegas board, there was a guy who made a science out of checking in as late as possible. I think times have changed since then. But, it was entertaining reading about his exploits.

10. symbols

symbols Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sold out weekend, check in late. Have had my basic room given away and upgraded to suites because of this.

11. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not at MSS...there's only ONE suite per floor, and they don't just "give" those away...other places (like major hotels on the strip) yes..but MSS, definitely not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.