1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Weekend plans???

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by ken2v, May 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aside from the mandatory reflection, what's on the docket this weekend?

We recently met some folks just relocated from Seattle, so later this afternoon it's off to the wine ghetto to show them around. Probably grill a hunk of dead animal tonight.

Tomorrow it's putting up some swaths of paint to see what we want to do in the master, and in the eve Ampelos is having its spring wine release party.

Sunday we're weather-staining the patio furniture and tending to some needed yard work.

Monday is golf day. (Oh, and hopefully finally choosing where we're going for September's getaway.)

2. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dinner at mom's tonight (she'll probably do roast beast, but I'd really prefer some of her husband's hand made pizza ;-) Gardening (take out the rest of the spring/cool weather plants, add more seeds for hot weather - I'm trying to do succession planting for carrots & beans), pressure wash some things (we need to fix a drip guard on the roof and then wash the soffit.) Depending on the weather, we might have a bonfire. I think Monday will be a brew day, and lots of reading......

(vacation wise, we just added a long weekend summer trip to NYC - we've always gone in late autumn - and are still planning for London in the fall for our 15th anniversary, but I can't make plans until I know the dates of a meeting I need to attend in China that could be any time between September and November.....)

3. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tonight is salad and leftover pizza. How exciting is that! Tomorrow is attending a wine tasting followed by grilling some dead animal on the Big Green Egg. Sunday is probably grilled chicken and steak fajitas. And of course, Monday is good ol' American hot dogs, hamburgers, corn on the cob, BBQ beans, and lots of beer. (I mowed the lawn this morning, so besides eating we should have lots of time to figure out how to use an abundance of offers for a possible trip in August.) Happy holiday weekend everyone - it looks like it's going to be terrific weather here!

Last edited: May 22, 2015
  4. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Forgot my own food plans, how silly of me ;-) Sat night = fried alligator (husband's hunting trip), Sun night grilled leg of lamb (and vegetables) with tzatziki, and Mon will be tapas involving seafood and cheese and me being lazy :)

5. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saturday - golf

Sunday - BBQ

Monday - more golf. Need to get tuned up for the following weekend

6. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm in Las Vegas and I was napping on the couch when the earthquake woke me up. We did FSE last night and will do The Strip tonight. The part I'm looking forward to is seeing KC and The Sunshine Band on Saturday at the 3rd Street Stage on FSE.

Bill

7. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sweat over jobs...hopefully hear back next week...

8. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tomorrow and Monday: hopefully spending as much time outside taking dad's fancy new grill for a spin and playing with my new (3 months old) nephew.

Sunday: praying for rain so I don't feel guilty about starting the day with the Monaco Grand Prix, moving on to The Greatest Spectacle in Racing and ending the day with the good ol' boys for NASCAR's longest race in Charlotte. I do love me some racing.

And, of course, thinking about the folks who've made the ultimate sacrifice for the rest of us.:nworthy::usa:

9. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    tonight finish up the bottle of St Emilion Bordeaux from last night

tomorrow afternoon, work around the house

UFC tomorrow night

Sunday watch some of the Indy 500 and get some more things done around the house.

Monday, back to work. what's a 3-day weekend?

10. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gonna be a busy one....
    Saturday.....husband's 50 HS reunion / Sunday...weather supposed to be mid 80's so we will take great-grandson to park & to eat....his choice. He is 4 and we are hoping we can steer him away from "old McDonalds" - as he calls it. LOL Monday is the annual Memorial Day service honoring our fallen veterans then to a friends house for BIG cookout & hold'em game. Usually have 30-40 and it is a grind.

Hoping everyone has a wonderful holiday!

11. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be trying to wangle an invitation to Hoyaheel's house. :licklips:

12. Kickin

Kickin Flea

I'm in HK right now and tomorrow is a holiday here as well, for Buddha's birthday. Me and a couple local colleagues are taking a chopper to Macau tomorrow morning where they do a big celebration called the Drunken Dragon Dance and one of the rules is you have to get drunk. :drunk:

I might try to get some gamble in at night too. I have about 4k HKD on me and will try to turn it into 5k like a boss!

13. queentata

queentata VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I want to join Ken for the wine festivities.

Instead, I attended the last graduation ceremony for me, as AP at my school. I have been here for 25 years and retire in December. Cried like a baby. There were some great kids in this group and I will miss them and HHS, but it is time.:)

Hope to brave the rain to shop for some Vegas shoes, for upcoming trip on June 28.

Just be lazy and look forward to Flaco Taco next weekend. Golf tourny trip with friends.

Good luck!

14. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our Canadian holiday weekend was last weekend, Victoria Day or as it is often referred to May 2-4 weekend. I've spent this weekend in the garden and tomorrow I leave for Vegas!

15. NandJfrmNJ

NandJfrmNJ VIP Whale

Working in the yard all weekend so that the deer have something to eat. LOL!

16. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yesterday I did a nice 60 mile ride near Princeton, New Jersey. Today just relax and tried to shop. Tomorrow a quick 40 mile ride to Piermont NY.

17. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cool, John. What do you ride?

18. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a 20 year old Bianchi Veloce.

19. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Steel. Nice. Original owner?

20. BTSyndrome

BTSyndrome Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very nice!!

I have a custom built Steel Cysco.
    finished bike 1 005.jpg

But I mostly ride my Cervelo S1. It likes to go fast.
    New bike 2 002.jpg
    (old pic w/out all the upgrades)

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.