1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Using Rewards on a COMP?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by QIKFIX, May 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QIKFIX

QIKFIX Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all,

How does this work, can you use rewards when staying on a comp from MGM properties?

MS

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. QIKFIX

QIKFIX Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry I should have been more specific, staying on a comp from a host and not through MyVegas, does that affect things?

MS

4. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    nope, as long as your name is on the room!

5. Superpocky

Superpocky VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, there shouldn't be a problem as long as you are a registered hotel guest. I just did that last month at the Mirage for 6 comp nights arranged by my host. I redeemed $50 FP, buffet at Aria, and Wolfgang Puck's 2-4-1 entree at the MGM.

6. SeaJay

SeaJay Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I called Luxor 3 days ago and was told unequivocally that I couldn't book a comp night back to back with my MyVegas reward night.
    I had planned to stay at Luxor for 2 nights, but after that phone call, it's going to be one night only. I'll then head over to the Cosmopolitan and start my comped 2 night stay there a day earlier than planned.

7. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thats a bunch of crap. I JUST did it at MGM, used Myvegas and then connected it with an MGM comp room. was told they are 2 different things.. you can combine them, and in some cases its better because if your Mlife room comp is not a lower room, like a westwing at MGM then the chances are great they you will have a better room the whole time.

8. Superpocky

Superpocky VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also have done the same before so will concur with Sporty. Sounds like either the person you spoke to was mis-informed / incompetent, or perhaps you did not state it in a way that he/she understood? Suggest you to call again and try a different person.

9. newwave73

newwave73 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You may have problems when you go to check in. They changed the rules on myVegas Comp room on April 1st. You now need 72 hours between a myVegas Comp night and an Mlife Comp night. Anyone telling you differently is wrong.

10. Superpocky

Superpocky VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awww really? That blows and explains......thanks for the info and screw MyVegas now!

11. go to vegas more

go to vegas more Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We just got back from Mandalay Bay, where I was staying on an offer that included free play, resort credit and free rooms. They absolutely refused to let me use myvegas free play even though we were staying the 3 nights. Was finally able to get my husbands free play because it wasn't his offer but I think that was just lucky. Very frustrating experience. I don't mind following the rules if they are clearly spelled out. It does actually say this in the terms and conditions but you have to dig quite a ways to find it.

12. VictoriaVegas

VictoriaVegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe it Is only Mandalay Bay that would not let you use a free play reward with a comped offer. You might want to check with the individual property to verify their rules. We have a 2 night comped offer at Mirage along with some freeplay, and I redeemed a free night from MyVegas and I redeemed $50 free play from Myvegas and did not see any restriction other than a 3 night stay is required....nothing about a paid stay.

13. Superpocky

Superpocky VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I concur with this. Last month at the Mirage and last October at the Aria, but stays were comped with some FP and resort credit. I had no issues redeeming additional MyVegas $50 FPs, in fact, I redeemed both at the same time at the MLife desk and not one question was raised. I hope this is just a MB thing......or that particular person you spoke with didn't know what he/she is talking about.

14. go to vegas more

go to vegas more Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am not sure if it is just a MB thing or not. In February I was staying on a comp with FP and used the FP at MB. I have also used it at the Mirage on a comp(also had FP) , at least two other times. It was definitely not just a particular person - I tried that :) I went a few times. The issue for everyone seemed to be that I had free play already in my offer - not necessarily that I was in a comped room.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.