1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Breakfast at Cosmo...or not?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by thecarve, May 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Between the handful of Cosmo restaurants I've tried and the reviews I've read/heard from people/sources whose opinion I respect, I think I have a decent idea of what the place has to offer for the PM meals.

But what about the most important meal of the day? What's good?

The Henry? Wicked Spoon? Is there something else?

Or should I just go elsewhere?

2. pleepleus

pleepleus 2016 - The monkey is back

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I typically will get breakfast at the Henry. If you want fast and convenient, Wicked Spoon is the way to go.

3. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. Any good? Or is it just convenient?

4. pleepleus

pleepleus 2016 - The monkey is back

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would say it's good, just not phenomenal. I'm typically hungover and/or tired so it's just good to get some nourishment.

5. gradytripp

gradytripp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've eaten once at The Henry and once at Wicked Spoon. Thumbs up to both--and this is coming from a guy whose usual Vegas breakfast is $5.99 steak and eggs at Ellis Island.

At the Henry I had the short rib eggs benedict for nineteen bucks. Was it twice as good as eggs benedict that costs $10? I don't know, but it was good!

We had Wicked Spoon for breakfast, nearly three years ago now. It was $25 then and I think is over $30 now, but there were lots and lots of choices and it may have been the only meal we had that day. In my personal current pantheon of buffets, I'd put it second, behind Bacchanal. But I suppose I'm due for a return visit to confirm that ranking.

Both restaurant spaces have that cool (too cool?) Cosmo vibe going on, which I like a lot in small doses.

6. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like the Henry for a breakfast burrito, which is also available through room service and is quite good.

7. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the Henry breakfast ($18) with 3 eggs, meat choice, potato, and toast is one of the best breakfast's I have in Vegas. I have done the Bouchon, the Mon Ami, Wicked Spoon etc. The eggs are delicious, taste like home, not your typical restaurant scrambled eggs. The meat (I usually get ham) is delicious, tasted grilled versus unflavored ham. The potato is a little square, crispy on the outside, soft on the inside mixed with a little cheese and chive. Its great. The toast is served with little individual glass jam containers, a cool concept.

If you are in the market for breakfast, dont want to trot across the road and wait for Mon Ami, or dont want to shell $30+ for Wicked Spoon when all you want is a basic breakfast and dont need all of the lunch options... definitely go Henry. The wait is usually non existent or maybe 5-10 minutes tops.

I wouldn't recommend Wicked Spoon as either more convenient or better for breakfast unless you are ready to indulge heavily. The Henry rarely has a wait and they bring the food out to you ;)

8. vegasfan

vegasfan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My favourite place for breakfast when staying at the cosmo is popping across the walkway and down to the PBR rock place at Planet Hollywood/miracle mile shops. It is a good basic breakfast (eggs, bacon/sausage/ham, toast) for $10 or so if I recall. You can sit right outside and watch the people go by.

9. spicole

spicole No shirt, no shoes... NO DICE!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed at Cosmo for the first time last month. We had breakfast at The Henry on the last day, where my wife ordered the cinnamon roll french toast. I'm not a big cinnamon fan, but it was fucking fantastic. You could practically taste how they proofed the dough, rolled and baked it, then sliced it up before the egg wash, etc. In my wife's words, "you can taste the love". Service was great - they waiter brought the last coffee refill in a go cup. In short... breakfast at the Henry was great. I have not been to Wicked Spoon or Mon Ami Gabi but I would not hesitate to recommend The Henry.

10. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, all. Sounds like I'll have to give The Henry a go one morning.

11. vegasfan

vegasfan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Next trip I am getting that cinnamon roll french toast. Sounds wonderful.

12. justmare

justmare High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just giving another opinion -- I had the cinnamon roll French toast at The Henry on a recent trip (within the last month) and I didn't think it was all that good. But I do love cinnamon rolls.

The Henry is good. It's just very expensive and the menu is limited.

13. DeeDee

DeeDee Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went on the Cosmo site to look at the restaurants and was amazed at all the choices. Can you give me insight on the ones you have been to and your thoughts. Want to try some there.

Thank You

14. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah the Henry is really good for breakfast. I had the short ribs Benedict. Also we split the french toast as a table

15. Jinx

Jinx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed at Cosmo a couple times now, and nothing stands out for me for breakfast, bellagio cafe being close is where I head most of the time if I'm having breakfast with it close.

16. spicole

spicole No shirt, no shoes... NO DICE!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The joint has a stellar line-up of restaurants. I really love China Poblano. It hits the sweet spot with me with the two separate kitchens. The salt air margaritas are great. I have had a very nice meal at Jaleo as well, and a good happy hour at Blue Ribbon. +1 for Secret Pizza, too.

17. rezmike

rezmike Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had stumbled back late one night while staying there and ordered the steak and eggs from the Henry. Probably the best decision I've ever made in my life.

18. bluerider

bluerider Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I too enjoyed breakfast there. Once with my girlfriend, and once on a solo trip. They have counter/bar seating which makes the solo trip convenient. Everything tasted fresh and of high quality, as it should.

I'd also recommend their room service if you are interested in that type of thing. The breakfast is pretty much the same as the Henry.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.