1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

KA? Any good?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by tagac27, May 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tagac27

tagac27 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    KA? Any good? Some like it, but others have said it's very boring! Thanks!

2. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For me, it is hands down THE most boring show I have ever seen (and I thought O would forever hold that title). The set is amazing though. We were seated in the center of a row. If I wouldn't have had to crawl over a bunch of people who paid good money to see the show, I would have left after 1/2 hour. I did have $150 nap so that was refreshing.

3. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I disagree. I liked it (and O). I think you need to know what kind of show it is. If you like acrobatic performances, it is a great show for that. If watching performers jump around (and fall) from high locations is not your thing, then you should probably skip this show

I Need Spa
  4. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The moving/rotating stage is probably one of the coolest parts of KA. I've seen it 3 times (and going again next week, thanks MyVegas!) and I still think its an enjoyable show. However after seeing all the CDS shows (except for O, also seeing next week), my top two picks are MJ One and Mystere.

5. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its my favourite Cirque show even though i haven't seen it in a while. Did they fix the ending after the accident? Out of the cirque shows i´ve seen i rate them in following order, KA, Mystere, O and Love.

6. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In my opinion, KA is the best of the Cirque du Soleil shows. The huge production is over the top, the storyline is interesting and THAT technological marvel of a stage is incredible to watch in action.

Bill

7. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen it four times, love it! O is my favorite.

It's full of action, basic story line: good vs bad. Great music.

8. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think they have brought back the original ending. I saw ka the first time a month after the death and the last big scene then was the rotating contraption with the performer jumping rope atop it. Saw it again last month and this time there were two scenes after the one with the big contraption, including one where a couple performers took a big fall (which I assume was the original ending before the performer died)

I Need Spa
  9. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah it's back. The temporary scene featured a video projected onto the perpendicular stage, which in my opinion looked kind of crappy.

10. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This show seems to get reviews at opposite ends of the spectrum, people love it or hate it. We didn't like it. Some of the acts were high school level talent.

11. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You went to one hell of a high school :poke:

I Need Spa
  12. lionelhutz

lionelhutz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    we saw it and thought it was a fantastic show

13. BiGP

BiGP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I enjoyed the show. I also used a myvegas reward so the show was free. Sat on the left side of the center stage. i would watch it again!

14. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Allow me to break the mold, I thought it was..........okay. Didn't love it, didn't hate it, would see it again for free but wouldn't pay. Actually I plan on seeing it one more time since cirque shows are the only myvegas reward that really interests me, and the first time I saw it was with the video projection finale.

15. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

I am a big Cirque fan and Ka is near the bottom of my Cirque list. It has an awesome stage and the costumes are awesome as well! Technically and Visually, this show is impressive, but for overall show enjoyment, only the fight scene on the mechanical wall does it for me. Traditional Cirque shows like Varekai and Alegria are my absolute favorite. In Vegas, my faves are actually the dance heavy shows, Love and MJ One. For more traditional Cirque-like shows, my favorite in Vegas is Le Reve, which is not a "Cirque" show.

With all that said, if you have not watched Ka, give it a shot...you may love it!

Last edited: May 16, 2015
  16. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, that was stupid. I have blown both of my single myVegas tickets over the alternative endings. Bah. Maybe if the pair still exists and I run out of stuff to buy, I'll buy it. It was okay without the original ending, but it sounds like the original ending really makes the show.

If I'm paying out of pocket, I'm going back to "MJ One" or seeing "Le Reve" for the first time.

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  17. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The stage and the theater are pretty incredible sites to see. Judging it on that factor alone, no other Cirque show in Vegas is more incredible.
    Unfortunately the characters and the story lines are a little weak. I was mildly bored during the first 30 mins or so. The performances in the first few acts outside of the The Archers Den scene
    are weak. I also found the made up language was down right silly and annoying

If you hang in thought, the show really starts to pick up at the half way mark, and starting with The Blizzard all the way to the mind blowing Aftermath scene, where the stage goes vertical is incredible.
    I had premium seats in the lower orchestra right which were perfect. I could not imagine sitting in the back of the theater.

Lastly I never felt like the show dragged on. I have seen all the Cirque shows in Vegas with the exception of Believe and MJ One. I would rank this show a solid three behind LOVE and Zummanity.

18. LadyShaye

LadyShaye Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't seen any other Cirque shows so Ka was my first. I thought the acrobatics and stages were great.... I didn't follow the story line that well but I was entertained. I don't think that I'd be a huge fan of any of them.....but with the reward it was definitely worth seeing.

19. hedgehog

hedgehog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  20. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It really seems like you either hate it or love. I don't know what it is if people are not paying attention and don't get it or if its just taste that differ. For me the storyline is just as impressive as the the acrobatics which doesn't apply to any other cirque show. It seems to be a thin line between brilliance and idiotic, the love hate reviews kind of remind me of the tv show Curb Your Enthusiasm with Larry David. You either think its the funniest thing ever or you can't stand watching it.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.