1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Dinner Help

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by BigWW, May 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigWW

BigWW High Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey everyone.
    Celebrating our anniversary with a Vegas trip. Were staying at Mandalay Bay and I was hoping I could get some help with dinner. I wanted to treat my wife to something nice. I was thinking Strip Steak or MIzuya. Anyones thoughts on these???

I thought about Circus Circus steak house. We've eaten there a few times but last time we were there it wasn't all that. Plus I'd like to stay close to Mandalay.

Again, any help would be appreciated. Budget isn't that big of an issue. I mean no more than lets say 150 each if that helps.

2. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mandalay Bay has excellent restaurants. Even the little places in the mall linking Mandalay Bay to Luxor are good. I particularly like Stripsteak, RM Seafood and Citizens.

Bill

3. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Perhaps take a look at Charlie Palmer Steak at the Four Seasons? I've heard very good things about their "Cut of the Week" special.

Edited to add: It's considerably under your budget and includes wine pairings for each course.

4. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wish I would have done CP while I was there last month. I was very disappointed with my steak at Stripsteak. Though, the rest of the meal was very good.

On the other hand, I had a great dinner at Fleur...which lead me to go back for lunch the next day...which was even better.

5. iamsomedude

iamsomedude High-Roller

A place that is not Las Vegas, but I wish it was.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will always recommend Charlie Palmer Steakhouse's "Cut of the Week" and Fleur's "Tour of the World" menus. Their food quality is great and I've left full every time, so they've never disappointed every time I've gone.

6. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A nice option for a special dinner (on the Mandalay Bay property) would be taking her up to the Foundation Room for drinks on the patio at sunset, followed by dinner in the Foundation Room dining room, followed by after dinner drinks on the patio. You would want to make reservations for dinner in advance. Just tell the doorman/host at the podium your name and that you have reservations for dinner.
    The Foundation Room is on the 63rd floor of the Mandalay Bay tower.

With that said, some of our best steak dinners in Las Vegas have been at Charlie Palmer Steak in the Four Seasons part of the Mandalay Bay property.

Strip Steak isn't bad, but the atmosphere can be a bit loud because the restaurant is mostly open to the restaurant row walkway.

Good luck planning the perfect anniversary dinner!

7. BigWW

BigWW High Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I think I'll go with Charlie Palmer. Kelly I forgot about the sunset toast toast they do in the foundation room, thanks! We did it a couple years ago and it was pretty cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.