1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

My RC was wiped out for NO REASON - whom to contact??

Discussion in 'Comps' started by GoldenVP, May 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoldenVP

GoldenVP Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Upon a recent trip back from Caesars Vegas, I noticed that my RC was zeroed out. On the day of my check-out, I recorded that I still have over $30 RC in my account. I did not have any room charge this trip (only used $100 of my $500 annual seven stars celebration dinner) since we were with friends and ended up paying (cash) for all of our spend. Did not use Limo (our friend has one in her name), did not use internet or watch any in-room movie (even though we are seven stars), did not consume mini bar (never had), and resort fee should have been waived (we are seven stars). So I can't understand how my RC could be zeroed out. Now that we are back, whom should I contact to straighten this out? email to Rewards Center? Email to hotel? Email to Host (hate to bother him for such small matter)? I am at a lost. It's a small amount that gone missing, but it's a matter of principal. Please advise.

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $30 - hmmmm....

I would start with hotel. It would make sense that they had some charge (right or wrong) and then used your RCs to pay for it?

There have been a few cases of folks getting charged Diamond Lounge access in error. Did you go there?

3. Kolmeseiska

Kolmeseiska Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't mean to hijack but had sort of a similar situation with MLife last year. I booked an offer with $100 RC and $100 FP, went to MLife desk to redeem them and they didn't have any record of me having any RC with my offer. Even though I had screenshots of the offer, it didn't matter, never got it. It's also very convenient for them not to list the RCs or FPs in their confirmation emails, you're basically just taking a leap of faith when booking them. That's for MLife at least.

4. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    RC?
    Room Charge or Reward Credits?

5. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The OP is talking about reward credits.

6. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it means Room Charge and it seems good to be wiped out. j/k

7. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought it was clear as well. But, after reading the post twice, I am not sure.

Room charge or Reward Credits.

8. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you check out in person? If not, request a copy of your room bill. They normally won't use RC's to settle a bill over a credit card unless you request it but that's a start. You should also email customer service for information on the transactions for your last trip.

9. Champster1

Champster1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Reward credits

10. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And, we will all fall all over ourselves trying to help, and the OP may or may not come back.

Bets?

11. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL.......first and only post????

12. GoldenVP

GoldenVP Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am back. Just got lots going on yesterday. Yes, I mean Reward Credits. And Yes, my room has zero balance prior to check-out and no charges were ever posted to it.

....Finally got more information from VIP front desk and also Rewards Center. What's strange is that there were two restaurant charges posted to my friend's room (legit charges) and somehow someone (Host on duty??) cleared out both my friend's and my reward credits before comping my friend for the balance of charges during her check-out process. We arrived together, checked in by same person, but had different reservation and different room, and we checked out at different time on day of departure (AM for me, PM for my friend). Neither of our room has cross reference for the other's account. All the charges were posted to friend's room, but they decided to use my RC to comp her charges. This is like fighting city hall. No ONE comes forward and admits any wrong doing, keep insisting that the restaurant did it and that I need to contact restaurant myself. I can't see how restaurant can do it as they do not have my room number or my TR#. And the amount got wiped out from one restaurant is exactly the amount charged to friend's room after subtracting off all her RC's first. They then wiped out the balance of my account for portion of the 2nd restaurant.

Thank you everyone for helping. I am tired of fighting for such a small amount and spending so much energy on it, but still upset for "matter of principal". Just not sure if I want to pursue any further and with whom??

Lesson learned... Never go to Vegas with friend or dine together. :thumbsdown:

13. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am thinking that somehow during the checkin process, your RC was added to your friends reservation as a second person. And, when they looked at her folio, they just assumed you were a "couple" and went for it.

As you said, for $30 - it is not worth it. I totally understand the "principle" of it though.

14. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you check-in together by one person and dine together, of course they thought you were linked financially.
    Many couples do this all the time.

15. Champster1

Champster1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    FWIW. i usually burn up my rc's (never a bunch left anyway) at the Nosh, or Harrahs and/or Rio buffet. I do this because at check out I have ( the last 2 trips) been able to get Ballys to wipe out everything (room charges) on my bills (last trip $295.00 of which $140 was resort fees). I know that the first thing they look at is your rc's so i eat them up (and during a 5 day comp stay I, as you, will be eating at various CET properties). So I either charge them to my room or use RC's to pay for the eats.

16. GoldenVP

GoldenVP Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, we are definitely not a couple. We both traveled with our spouses, There's 4 of us. We are in two different rooms and under different promotions. I think the person who checked us in must have accidentally placed my name/TR also in my friend's room. All I need is for them to fess up that they made a mistake and that's what they did. Unfortunately, all they said was I am responsible for the charges made to my friend's room and that Caesars' policy is to zero out our accounts first before comping. I understand all that but they just can't piece it together that I am NOT responsible for charges made to my friend's room. We are separate entities. Come to think of it, they may have comped balance of her room using my plays. Who knows.. It's really annoying.

17. Champster1

Champster1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lesson learned. :peace:

18. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Let your host fight your battle. I've had things like charges hit my credit card more than a month after my trip. I contact my host and he deals with billing.

19. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am sure that is true, but if you both checked in at the same time, I could still see the clerk putting your TR on her account. Surely an error, and not one that anyone will fess up to.

20. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree the hotel made mistake, not you.
    On the other hand, your money was used for your friend's room charge, not for some nobody.
    If they didn't use you RC, they could have charged your friend's credit card.
    In that sense, it's not entirely wasted. Right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.