1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Didn't mean to use a host to book an Mlife offer...advice

Discussion in 'Comps' started by en11871, May 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. en11871

en11871 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello everyone,

I am primarily mlife. I recently had a really nice offer at Delano in a REALLY nice room with resort credits. When I called to book the offer, the operator mentioned that the room is above what she can book and transferred me directly to an executive host. I really don't want to deal with a host. I never did. I'd rather just book whatever offers online, of which have been fair...all decent. So my thing is that after this trip will I need to go through this host at MB in the future? Will I still continue to get decent offers online? I don't want to rely on a host. I just feel more pressure dealing with a host. That might be silly, but I know I will feel that way. ​Thank you to everyone in advance.

2. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don;t know why she would have transferred you to a a host instead of VIP Services (unless you called VIP Services to begin with, and then I still don;t know why she would have needed to transfer you).

Don;t feel any pressure because of the host, if the host didn't book anything above and beyond what was part of the original offer.

Get ahold of the VIP Services number to book future offers, or book them online if the site will let you.

On the other hand, a host can come in handy in a situation where your offer is for 3 nights and you want to stay more than that.

3. en11871

en11871 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Chuck,

Thanks. I did call VIP services. Then the rep transferred me. it's a penthouse suite at Delano. It sounded like she couldn't book the penthouse, but the regular rooms at Delano was ok for her to book for me. Thought it would be cool for my wife's bday during July 4th weekend. The funny thing was she kept insisting on bringing a limo when we land...LOL. I kept saying don't worry about it. She's probably saying how weird I am to not take the limo and stuff.

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not a problem at all. Good chance you will never even meet your host. Consider them just another person on staff, like a senior reservation clerk.

I would always book more if you can through your host. If you do not meet the level of play that host wants/needs/expects - no big deal at all. You will still get corporate offers based on your play.

Again, I see no negative with a host. Some people think they owe them something. You do not. There is no pressure.

5. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It may be a perk when booking the penthouse rooms there. Some hotels offer that as part of that room package.

6. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK, getting comped a penthouse suite explains it.

Even though you declined the limo, don;t be surprised if room service brings up a cheese and fruit tray after you check in. Don;t sweat it, they're not giving you anything you haven't already earned.

The host may introduce her/himself if you're sitting at a slot machine long enough; no need to make any extra small talk, they'll just say to contact them if there's anything they can do for you; you just say, thanks, I'm having a great time.

7. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So you want a special experience for your wife 's birthday

But you decline the limo?

8. Malibugolfer

Malibugolfer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since you didn't already have a host is it possible you have a name that could be mixed up with someone else?
    It happens in marketing.

9. en11871

en11871 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, we have always wanted the least possible contact with a host. We were already planning a trip for the July 4th weekend/wife's birthday weekend. We've been to vegas enough times where nothing is really a new experience, but the penthouse will be something new. That's a type of room that we will never get or pay for in the future...I assume. The regular suite at Delano is good enough in the future...LOL. Yes, I know it is strange to turn down a limo. Just that we don't see it as that big of a deal....rather cab it.

10. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea, cab vs limo. About the same, really. Both get you there. The "free" limo, especially to south strip will cost more than a cab in tip. But, after a rather long cab line on one hot day, we now usually opt for the limo. We don't mind dealing with cabs, other than the line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.