1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Host Offer vs Corporate Offer

Discussion in 'Comps' started by zNaturaL, May 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zNaturaL

zNaturaL Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Quick Question..

My last stay was at MGM booked through a host (My first time booking with a host). I recently emailed the host asking about my next stay to see what kind of offer I would get this time and I was told 3 nights, $100 FP, $100 RC. I also emailed some hosts at NYNY and Bellagio as I have never stayed at either of those and wanted to possibly give them a try. I was told by both of them I had a corporate offer of 3 nights, $225 FP, and $150 RC that I could book at either of them.

Is it weird that the MGM Host didn't tell me this? Were they trying to undercomp me or what?

After my last trip at MGM booked with the host, they told me I had an average bet of $25 for 55 minutes over the course of the trip. Not exactly sure how to interpret that as I only bet $0.40 - $2.00 a spin.

I guess I'm just wondering if the host is trying to sneak one by me or if my play my last trip only warranted 3 nights, $100 FP and $100 RC..

Needless to say, I booked at Bellagio with the corporate offer. Pretty pumped about staying there!

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks!

2. TheCooler

TheCooler Professional Gambler and the Best Football Handica

That can't be right. You only played for 55 minutes the entire trip? And you're getting room offers?

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Weird. Maybe first host did not look it up? What shows on your account at mlife.com?

4. zNaturaL

zNaturaL Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know it is not correct. My thought was the host somehow summed up all my play?

I probably played slots for 12 hours a day for 3 days but only for $.40 - $3 a spin between penny slots and dollar slots..

I'm thinking the play they gave me would amount to approximately $2000-$2200 theo..

5. zNaturaL

zNaturaL Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No corporate offer shows up besides a spring offer with $150 free play. Otherwise a Mirage, Luxor and a Billboard Music award offer for tix and a room.

I just thought it was weird the host didn't at least mention the corporate offer.

6. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How many points and EC did you earn on that trip?

7. zNaturaL

zNaturaL Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    8500 points and around 90K TC or so..

8. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's really no good reason a host would try to shaft you out of $125 FP and $100 RC by only offering you the property offer instead of the corporate offer. So who knows...there's really no way to know.

I had a trip in Feb where I did similar numbers to yours, over 2 nights instead of 3, but I think the timing was bad, and before those numbers worked their way into the system, MLife had calced the spring and summer offers and I'm stuck at $175/$100, same as before that trip.

9. Slotchick

Slotchick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It makes no sense why your host is not using your Corporate Offer, they should be able to see that. If you wanted to stay at their property just mention the offer and they can put you up on it. Booking Bellagio is a great plan, have fun!!

It almost sounds like your host looked up the wrong player or didn't pull up the correct stats, I've not had any of my hosts tell me $25/hr avg. bet for slot play; sounds like she looked up a table player. Is it just me that receives the numbers for slots in "coin-in", I've not had a host tell me $25.00 avg bet and hour for my slot play?

10. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In some defense of the host/agent you spoke with. The computer systems throughout MGM are terrible. The staff spends half the day waiting for the screens to refresh, and then they have to hunt all over the place to see things. Rather sad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.