1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Charging back to the room limit?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by bdae, May 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bdae

bdae Newbie

Is there a limit imposed on how much you're able to charge back to your room?
    Mlife properties. I'll be staying at the Delano but will be visiting MGM or Bellagio for nice dinners.

I will be playing too of course, but doubt I could get some FB comped off the backend, only enough to cover my comped rooms.

Of course, a $10k chargeback would raise eyebrows and red flags but say a $600 dinner, $100 spa visits, $50 meals here and there over a weekend stay.
    Do they check to see if you have available credit on your credit card on file? I only ask as I would like to settle my bill with cash at the end of the trip.

2. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never had that happen nor have I read in the fine print if there is a limit. My guess is the hotel trusts the guest to pay it off and if the card is declined or they're unable to pay then they'd toy with charging the guest with theft.

You should call the front desk and inquire if you'd like to charge a large purchase to the room.

I've charged $2700 to the room for a guys weekend and didn't have any problem.

3. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think if it goes over what they've held for the day on your card they will check to see what you have available and cut you off if necessary. I could be wrong though.

4. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can charge all you want as long as your card on file has the available funds.

5. Scottndindy

Scottndindy High-Roller

If you try to room charge without available credit on your card on file they will request an additional card from you for payment.

6. thefish2010

thefish2010 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The computer will try to increase the authorization if you get close to what they've already held. If you have a single charge that would put you over what they already held, the system (depends on the hotel, but this applies to most hotels on the strip) will try to authorize more in realtime and if it can't authorize more on your card, the room charge will be denied at the point of sale (restaurant or whatever) and you'll have to use another form of payment. Think of your room account as nothing more than a proxy for your credit card. They aren't going to hold an auth for $100/day and let you charge $10K.

7. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've charged many dinners for several thousand. My host is good about picking those up pretty quickly throughout the trip so they don't pile up on my CC.

But still when I get home they usually have 10k or more in auths on my card that fall off after a few days.

8. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Use an Amex card and you won't have any problems with limits

9. Kickin

Kickin Flea

This is basically it. I've had times with over 30k in hotel charges overseas for work and the only thing that has ever happened is one time when I was temporary living at and accruing a lot of charges at Ritz Carlton Singapore somewhere in the middle AMEX called me to verify. So the hotel was authorizing the amounts even if they weren't charging them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.