1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hash Tag funny

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Joe, Apr 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw a funny cartoon today. Sorry no visual.

"I'm so old I remember when # meant pounds and we also played tic tac toe on it"

It tickled me because I still call it the pound sign and use it when listing weights of items.

2. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're spanning time, Joe.

We had friends over for brunch on Sunday. They're quite a bit older than us. We were talking about a contractor referral and Sue said, "Get the phone book out." I just laughed.

3. gmille58

gmille58 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Took the kids to a diner a few years ago when they were 9 and 10. They had a CD jukebox there, the kids asked what it was and laughed as I explained it to them. Every song on that thing would fit on their iPod nanos.

4. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Blacklabbermike will remember when Goodfields Dairy used to deliver milk to our houses. My mother would have a pot of coffee on the stove knowing exactly when the guy was due so she could pour the cream right off the top of the bottle into her cup. The local bakery truck would also bring bread and donuts too.

When the Black and White TV went on the fritz the TV repairman would bring in a box of tubes and his tube tester, Fixed it right there. Now when your TV stops working you have to wait until a hazardous materials day and pay someone to take it!

By the way, I have a working tube tester! A barn full of antique radios too! Weird thing is a Warrant Officer from the US Army Military Intelligence Group recently contacted me and borrowed the tube tester to fix something. Returned it. I work with them occasionally. Not sure whether it was a personal or professional project.

5. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Corned Beef hash in a can, fried to crispy, topped with 2 over easy eggs. Eaten at 3 A.M. after all night beer binge.

Gee, I still can't figure out how I needed a triple bypass.

6. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My dad worked for U Test Em, the place that built tube testers.

7. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My dad worked for U Test Em, the place that built tube testers.

8. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I remember those radio tube would get very hot. You could take your plastic soldiers and set their faces right next to the tubes and twist the soldiers into grotesque shapes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.