1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Excalibur and ten dollars gets me the Monte Carlo lazy river.

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by Dewey090, Apr 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dewey089

Dewey089 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been trying to hit the Monte Carlo for September, but have not been having any luck. My date is still on the calendar, but I can't buy a weekday comp. Yesterday there was one left and that was gone before I punched in my name and email.
    I want that location, because I am coming from two nights at the Orleans and so I want the easy 201 bus ride.
    And I hope to be leaving for a few nights at Palace Station, so I want to be near the WAX which will get me to the airport and there I can get the Palace Station shuttle.
    Palace Station MyVegas only now has a calendar through June.

As well as the bus ease, I like the lazy river at Monte Carlo.

I was curious if I might book at Excalibur and use the lazy river at Monte Carlo.
    I can buy a My Vegas comp at Excalibur.
    Monte Carlo told me that for $10 I can use the Monte Carlo lazy river while booked at Excalibur.

So, I'll keep checking for a while and hope they refresh the Monte Carlo, but I guess I have a decent backup plan.

Something is going on downtown September 25-26-27 ? I was hoping to snag comps at 4 Queens, but If it is a 2 for 1 offer again, I'll pass as the weekend rates I see posted are very high.

2. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The non-bonus comp night rewards only restock 1 per day, so you've gotta be really quick punching in your info in order to get them!

3. Catzilla

Catzilla VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi dewey :wave2:

I have a couple nights at Orleans later this year, my first time staying there. What is the 201 bus ride? It's not the Gold Coast/Forum Shops shuttle is it?

4. Dewey089

Dewey089 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No. the 201 is the Tropicana RTC city bus. I get the senior 15/30 day pass when I go to Vegas, so I have unlimited rides on the RTC for the length of my stay.. I am a frugal low roller. I patch together the mailed freebies with any deals I can manage. So, I'll take 2 mailed nights from the Orleans, then take the city bus down to the Excalibur for a night, then the WAX either to the airport to get the shuttle to Palace Station or downtown, depending on what I book next.
    I try to avoid using strip buses with large luggage to move between hotels.
    The shuttle that drops at the Gold Coast or Caesar's is free. It would not be a good way to get from the Orleans to Excalibur.

I am sorry to see the MyVegas room offers dry up. Thanks to the post that explained there is just one added a day. So, it becomes like a lottery with all of us trying to elbow our way into a room. I think tomorrow I'll just book the Excalibur as I really want to cover just one day and don't really feel very flexible. I like the lazy river, but the Monte Carlo prices are always so high compared to my other options. But $10 isn't bad for a visit to the river.

The 202 is the Flamingo city bus and is great when staying at the Gold Coast. That free shuttle is okay, but it does not leave early in the morning or come back in the early hours of the next morning. The 202 from the Gold Coast gets me to Sam's Town for the early morning cheap poker tournament or the late at night Eastside Cannery Lounge acts. And it gets me to Ellis Island for an affordable meal.

I usually find some good show deals in the Tropicana strip area and the 201 gets me back to the Orleans. The stop is right there in front of NYNY and very safe even early in the morning. It can get me to the Pinball Hall of Fame too. And it links up easily with the WAX or with the Excalibur to Mandalay Bay free shuttle.
    These two routes are very useful.

5. Catzilla

Catzilla VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the information, dewey.

That 15 day reduced rate pass for $17 is a great bargain. Right now I'm limited to fairly short trips, but when that changes I think it would be worthwhile. Looks like I'd have to visit a transit station to obtain a card first. I would like to give the 202 a try though. I've never been to Sam's Town.

If the myVegas rooms do dry up I'll need to find a second source for my rooms in addition to Boyd's, and if it's not on the strip I may just have to learn those residential routes. Thanks again!

6. Dewey089

Dewey089 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You get the photo ID at the BTC.
    You don't need the ID to buy the 15 day all access pass. You can walk up to the Walgreen's just West of the Orleans on Tropicana and buy one there.
    You need the ID as proof when you use the pass, but if you have a Medicare card that will work as well.
    The ID is good for 5 years, so if you are downtown on this short trip, stop and get it. It will work to cut your fare in half on short trips when you pay the fare on a residential bus. So the 202 fare is reduced by half if you have the ID or a Medicare card.

7. Dewey089

Dewey089 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, I booked the Excalibur for September 17th after seeing the Monte Carlo sold out over the past two days and being advised here that they just put in one a day and let everyone scramble. I was getting nervous that I'd lose the date on the calendar, and I wanted to stop being obsessive about checking the latest possibilities.
    It was very inexpensive, a Bonus date for 15,000 LP's.
    But the booking was just surreal agony.
    I had trouble sleeping, so I decided to buy and book late last night I actually was on the phone, on hold, for an hour and a half before I got an answer. And then the woman took forever. She missed both the confirmation number and my Mlife number the first two times. She asked me three times for my name, for my zip code and for other information that should have been collected once. It got so I wondered if I had slept after all and this was a dream.
    When I did book, all I got was a confirmation number. They don't email. I could call back and confirm if I wanted, she said. and I thought that was unlikely if it took an hour and half to get a response.
    And of course, she had to tell me all the rules, twice, and ask about booking shows and food in a long speech that took forever. I can see why the phones are so backed up.
    I played the lucky birds while I waited and read all my Facebook posts and most of the NT Times and all emails. I usually play off the chips at 40 grand a pop, but I lost and went down to 1 grand a spin just to keep myself amused. At that level I hit quite a few shared pots in a row, so some of my facebook friends should have had some action to redeem. That is unusual for me. By the time I had booked, I won back 3000 of the 15 grand I had payed.
    I know I can't have any LP chips returned, but I wondered if between now and September I did manage to hit a refreshed Monte Carlo offer, and redeemed that, if I could use it in lieu of the Excalibur booking. I can only use one in a 30 day period, but perhaps they don't care how many I have bought. Anyone done that?
    I will say that I think this makes the game poor marketing. I know that Mlife folks are treated well enough from reports on boards and such, but were I actually a newbie, I'd be hesitant to want to become a customer for cash after being kept waiting, asked over and over for the same information, and not give an emailed confirmation for my records. Mlife has not warmed my heart with this poor customer service.
    The Station operators are a grand contrast. They don't have the calendar out as far as Mlife, but they answer the phone and are alert and efficient.

8. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One a day? What a joke.

Free rooms were fun while they lasted. But after our experience with luxor, I won't be missing the pyramid.

9. john meriman

john meriman merri by name merry by nature

Trips to Las Vegas:
    dewey i stayed at monte carlo last year and was fed up with security at pool entrance checking for food and beverage-so after a couple of days i sat on the pub patio overlooking the pool and when we wanted enter pool area just stepped over low barrier.(bringing whatever we wanted with us. im certainly not suggesting that u do this. lol.:peace::wink2:

10. Catzilla

Catzilla VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm sorry to hear what a hassle booking your room was, dewey. I would be curious too whether you can book a second hotel reservation without cancelling the Excalibur first. AND since you wouldn't know whether the night you want is available even if you do manage to grab a Monte Carlo comp reward, that's kind of risky. It might be a good question to pose to myVegas. I've never sent in a support ticket so I don't know how timely or thorough of a response they give.

Not sure I'm understanding, but can't you just call Excalibur and verify your reservation with them.

I have a friend who could not use the night she originally booked through myVegas. (also at Monte) They did allow her to change the date of her reservation, but it had to be within 30 days, which still wouldn't solve the problem for you.

Being frugal is darn hard work sometimes! :)

11. Dewey089

Dewey089 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a nice 3 day stay last year and $700 in values the year before. No complaints. They can't give the store away for ever. It fits easily into my bus riding schedule. I'll have some late night accessible 2-6 poker, probably plan some show nearby, and eat in the Aria twice as the single night Opens the door to two free buffets. I might get in the lazy river as well. And I can see how bad these Excalibur rooms are. Almost universally folks put them below Flamingo, but my one and only stretch at Flamingo was just terrible. Live bugs in the first room, what looked like bedbug remnants in the second (probably my own paranoia) and then kids stealing the do not disturb signs and the maids waking me up because the front desk would not communicate anything to them. But I agree that one night is pretty lame. I'll have come from a week at Gold Coast, 2 free ones on senior day at the Orleans (although I guess no Nite Kings) and the rest of the trip is at least 4 in a row.
    I'm not displeased. But if you work for a living and time is money...booking MyVegas at Excalibur might be more time than it is worth.

12. Dewey089

Dewey089 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ThanksCat

Thanks for the sympathy, but I have a good sense of humor about these things. No worries.
    I was actually enjoying the absurdity. There I was with two phones dialed in, lucky birds in the corner, checking my facebook and the NyTimes and by the time I really thought I'd quit, some really dumb woman answered and led me through all the repetitions. It was very unreal.
    The night is available. The calendar tells me it is available. The Monte Caro regular comp is not.
    I don't think I'll bother. But I'm curious how this works.
    I really think I'd like to see the Excalibur rooms. And it does look like I can get in the lazy river on the second morning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.