1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Facebook Blackjack win(loss) tracking

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by Isaac Wolkowicz, Apr 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Isaac Wolkowicz

Isaac Wolkowicz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ever since the updates have been pushed out I feel as if Blackjack is set to much more terrible payout than basic strategy.

I would like other peoples feedback on their wins to losses.

For example. I just played 24 hands (3 hands per game) at $5k/hand and went 4 wins, 14 losses, and 6 pushes.

2. thefish2010

thefish2010 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This result (and worse) certainly isn't impossible in a randomly shuffled live game, but I have my own suspicions about blackjack on MyVegas as well. Perhaps I am just more unlucky than most, but I have had some very improbable runs of bad luck there, and they don't seem to stop. At least I have good days in real blackjack.

3. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ya know, I was thinking the same thing. I used to have bad streaks and good streaks. Lately when I play I can only lose. Haven't had a winning streak in days. Never seen the dealer pull so many 21s out of their ass.

I still have half a million chips. So I just collect the LP bonuses every four hours and I've stopped actually playing the game.

Edit: I'm talking about the app. I rarely play blackjack on the Facebook version.

4. TXactuarial

TXactuarial VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is a pretty laughable sample size, especially coupled with the correlation you have by playing 3 hands per deal.

5. maybebaby

maybebaby Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Totally agree! The odds and luck is so bad that I played three hands at 1k each and again it was loss, push, blah, blah, .. so when I got ahead 5K I stopped becuase I was spooked to go any further and *push* my luck!

6. Isaac Wolkowicz

Isaac Wolkowicz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't disagree with the sample size in my example. That's why I through the question out. I was hoping to get a few other people to track and predict a "house-edge". My example was one of many weeks of getting the same result, this was the first one I tracked before I ran out of chips.

I haven't played BJ since that example. I am saving a few hundred thousand chips and will play $1 K/1 hand and follow up here. My feeling is that Playstudios tweeked the house-edge.

7. StingerHook

StingerHook High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Several months ago, I kept track of approximately 616 "deals" (I was playing two spots at 5k each). Of those 616 deals/sessions, I experienced a:

- "Net Win" 225 times
    - "Net Loss" 283 times
    - "Breakeven" 108 times

Over that data set, my net win/loss was -507,500 chips. Hard to calculate house edge of that period, since I didn't record doubles or splits. But for giggles, let's assume that every five "deals" (10 hands played for me), I wagered 60k in chips (a double or split for every 5 hands played - not sure how accurate that is, but it might be too often). That estimate puts my coin-in at 7,392,000 chips. A loss of 507.5k puts the house edge for that period at about 6.865%, yes? Not a very encouraging number to go up against. (Yes, I was playing basic strategy)

Now, that may or may not be a sufficient sample size to get any significant data points out of. Let's take a look at another issue - apparent streakiness of the game. I decided to try find the best/worst string of 20 deals in the data set:

- Best: "Net Win" on 15/20 "deals", net result of +145,000 chips
    - Worst: "Net Loss" on 13/20 "deals", net result of -100,000 chips

That's not an awesome way to answer the question of "Is the game streakier than it should be?" (don't know that there is one, actually), but from my experience it has always felt like I was either riding a wave up or riding a wave down - I can't ever recall just grinding it out and staying within a narrow range of total chips in my stack.

So that's what I've been able to gather from my data. Commentary/criticism/etc. is welcomed.

8. WeekndOrNah

WeekndOrNah Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My thoughts: It's impossible to win on the MyVegas Blackjack App anymore.

The amount of dealer 21s (natural or in 3 cards) is stupid.
    The amount of dealer sums > yours is stupid.

Just today I played 5 minutes worth of hands after nearly two weeks of scraping chips (only got to 120k). I wanted to throw my phone when I got 3 hands with 20s, only for dealer to get 21. Dealer showed 6, facedown card was a 10, and the third card was a 5.

9. hog

hog Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had different results. Ran my chips up to 60 million after the update. Spent a few weeks churning out ~10k loyalty points a day. Got a little crazy and got down to 10 million but I am slowly building it back up. Seems pretty random to me and I've played way to many hands (level 280ish).

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.