1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

First time using a host - I have a few questions

Discussion in 'Comps' started by mrem3200, Apr 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrem3200

mrem3200 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After my last trip I was contacted by a host at CET telling me I was assigned to him. I booked my first trip with him today and have a few questions. In the TR system, for the dates I wanted (Wed-Fri nights late August) I could get the room comped (with a small amount of FP) at Bally's and Flamingo but it was $110 per night at The Cromwell. My email to him said nothing about price just that my first choice was Cromwell followed by Bally's and Flamingo. His response to me was "Hey mrem3200 I put the reservation in at The Cromwell under a $200 free play offer". No mention at all about price but I am assuming it is comped? The reason I ask is because it was showing as $110/night in TR. So he basically saved me the $110 per night? Is that a good deal? I think it is.

What about the resort fee? I am platinum which used to comp the resort fee as well but I think that may have changed. Since he didn't mention it should I assume he covered that too? (I don't really care just curious).

Do/will I get something more official to confirm the reservation? All I have is his email.

Any other advice on dealing with a host for the first time would be appreciated.

Also, for what it is worth, this guy was incredibly responsive. He called me 10 minutes after I sent him the e-mail but I couldn't take his call. I got his email response within an hour. I was very impressed.

Thanks

2. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I normally get an email confirm (from CET) within a week of my host making my reservation. It will indicate your dates, room info and price/ comp. it's most likely comped and it will indicate it.
    A side note.......the confirm is only for the room/suite. It never indicates the offer(free play, gift card etc) that I'm coming in on.

3. jf3976

jf3976 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At platinum, I believe you'll be paying resort fees. However, you can possibly get them comped off in the end based on play. :)

4. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    it depends at Mlife sometimes the email says fees and taxes when I know it's all free
    other times it doesn't, I always get clarification in writing, because it makes me relax

5. mrem3200

mrem3200 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok, thanks. I would feel better having something more official than just the email from the host.

6. sandybeachbar

sandybeachbar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Am I the only one that wishes they put your offer on the reservation?

7. mrem3200

mrem3200 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That would be helpful. I got the email confirming the room today and no mention of the offer. I will just bring the email from my host so at least I have something.

8. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I look online at my TR offers, I can see that an offer has been reserved. Mrem, in your case since it isn't a offer from your account, but a one off from your host you won't see it in you account. If you call reservations, they should be able to confirm your free play attached to your reservation.

9. MoneyToBurn

MoneyToBurn Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The other thing you can do is take the confirmation number the host gave you in the e-mail and look under reservations on the Total Rewards website. When you click on reservations, it won't show up initially, but if you read on that page there is a further place to click, which takes you to a page where you enter your name, confirmation number and dates of the trip. It will then add this trip, and you can see if it is indeed comped, and print a more official looking reservation. It still won't indicate the offer, though.

10. mrem3200

mrem3200 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He didn't do that, his e-mail just said he made the reservation but didn't include a confirmation #. The official confirmation came today...the room is comped...the resort fee not so much...yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.