1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Whiskey Tasting at Monte Carlo - Review

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by Piggylane, Mar 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last Thursday I redeemed the 35,000 points for the whiskey tasting at Monte Carlo's Hit Lounge and was very glad that I did.

Redemption was a very simple, quick trip to the mLife desk, hop over to the lounge, tell the bartender and he presents you with the menu of whiskeys.

You have a choice of four FULL generous pours of:

Scotch
    Rye
    Bourbon
    Tennessee Whiskey
    Canadian Whiskey

You can have it neat or on the rocks (sacrilege!). I chose one rye (Bulleit) and three bourbons (Bookers, Makers and Knob Creek single barrel which is their special).

I took plenty of time to sip and enjoy the whiskeys, as one should. The rye was the best of the bunch in my opinion.

Great conversation with Jonathan and Ronni the two bartenders who both told great stories about Vegas happenings. Some not appropriate here!

If you had to buy the tasting it would cost $40. I tipped the guys $20 for very good pours, great conversation and a job well done.

Highly recommended!

2. Cross

Cross Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree. I did it for my second time this past weekend. Had a great time siping whiskey along with a cigar.

3. quaffone

quaffone Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the report sounds like a good time!

4. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cool. I had this reward purchased once but never got to it. I may put it back on the agenda.

5. Gator5220

Gator5220 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the review as I've been thinking about redeeming this offer. The Myvegas offer I have is a bit different than yours. Mine is 3 pours for 22500 points.

6. Cross

Cross Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Both times I have done it, it says 3 pours but they have poured 4.

7. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I did it 2 years ago there was 4 tastings.

8. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds great.

9. neminem

neminem Low-Roller

Huh, nice. What's their scotch like, out of curiosity? Do they have any interesting single malts, or it is just mostly blends?

10. caseyjacks

caseyjacks Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hoping someone might be able to answer this question: If I already redeemed LP's for "2 for 1 Signature Cocktails" at HIT Lounge, can I also redeem LP's for the whiskey tasting and use both rewards in the same visit to the lounge? Most of the time dining coupons state "1 coupon per table per visit" so I'd assume these rewards would have the same limitation, but I don't see any wording to that effect. To be honest, it's hard to find any rewards worth redeeming LP's for since we are not staying at an MLife property this trip and also staying Fri-Sun (a lot of rewards are Sun or Mon - Thurs or Fri). We will be going to BMG Saturday and I have read some nice things about HIT, so I figured we could at least get liquored up before BMG. The other booze rewards at Monte Carlo (with the exception of the free beer flight at The Pub at Monte Carlo but that is M-F only) do not appeal to me, but my boyfriend would love the whiskey tasting...

UPDATE: I just read thru the Terms & Conditions one more time: "Cannot be combined with any other offer". :cry:

Wonder if we could redeem the whiskey tasting pre-show and come back for post-show cocktails???

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.