1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Flamingo rooms

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Skittles8450, Apr 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skittles8450

Skittles8450 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have booked a Fab room for our Nov. stay. I am trying to change it to a GO room. When I go on the calendar the only GO room is a suite. If I do a booking without my number the GO rooms are there. Anyone else have this happen or know why it is happening?
    Thanks

2. jsadlak

jsadlak Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just try calling, Sometimes the phone operators can override glitches like that. My "offer codes" that I get emailed to me and the ones that are attached to my account almost never work. I always get the "this offer is not available on the selected dates" message, but if I call in with the code they are able to do it. Also noteworthy, if you book a comped stay with no offer codes you can usually call in and add an offer code or just ask which they have available. I recently did this with a stay at the Flamingo and was able to get 2 free tickets to Mariah Carey at Caesar's. That's a good perk but even just a $10 food credit are worth the phone call if that's all they have.

3. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same thing is happening to me. I figured that hopefully I'd be upgraded once I presented the "sandwich." If not, so be it! I'm guessing this is happening because they don't want to part with those rooms to someone who has "comp" nights. Or is it because Nov is so far out? As a rule I don't like calling because you're always bothered by " we have a special offer for you today" come-ons.

4. Skittles8450

Skittles8450 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also wondered if it is because Nov. is so far away..I can get into the calendar and click on a GO room but apparently they are all "sold out". I planned on trying the 20$ sandwich but hubby really wants a fridge and coffee pot and would like to upgrade to a GO room before we get there. So I guess I will be calling tomorrow...
    Thanks

5. hotreds

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Let us know how you make out. It seems these rooms are much more expensive than the FAB rooms; might be worth the hope that you get upgraded!

6. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked a standard Fab room for November at $2 per, yep $12 for 6 nights. However, when i check in, i plan to tip $40 to upgrade to GO. That still means roughly only $9 per night for a GO room.
    The GO rooms always say "Sold Out" on the TR website (when you have signed in at Gold at least), for the purpose of allowing a Gold player to tip for an upgrade.
    If for some reason they won't accept my thank you, i'll gladly take my money back. But i don't see that happening.

7. AceRothstein80

AceRothstein80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    what is better at Flamingo

Fab room with a High Roller view?

or

Go room with strip view?

Prices are identical for me

8. Carol1113

Carol1113 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In my opinion the Go room--as it is much better room and I like the strip view.
    Had a high roller view before and after looking at it a few times was not impressed

9. AceRothstein80

AceRothstein80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    what exactly is the high roller view?

10. Starz22

Starz22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    High Roller View is a view of the wheel. It's good to get a few pictures and thats about it. I get a Go luxury with strip view room. I can see the entire south end of the strip. We can sit in bed and watch the Bellagio fountains...it's very nice.

11. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The GO rooms have a fridge and i think coffee makers. I haven't stayed at Flamingo in many years, and i'm not that particular about my room, but this year, since i'm staying 6 nights at Bally's and 6 nights at Flamingo for practically nothing, i'm thinking of using a tip for the Jubilee rooms at Bally's, and GO rooms at Flamingo because those are the two rooms i haven't been in yet.
    In my case, as long as it's a GO room that would be fine (i would also ask for a high floor).
    But, as others have said, the actual GO room far outweighs the Fab room even with a High Roller view.

12. hotreds

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll sometimes check pricing w/o inputting my TR number. This gives me an idea of pricing for the various rooms. It seems that everyone on here gets different room pricing depending on their TR status, so I guess we shouldn't compare apples to oranges. Best bet is to hope like waverunner that you'll get your "Go" room once you produce the "sandwich!"

13. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd avoid any High Roller views. They are not that great and the walk from the elevator is awful

14. hotreds

Trips to Las Vegas:
    good to know. We had a room that looked almost into the High Roller at Harrah's but it was a trek from the elevator!

15. Skittles8450

Skittles8450 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are low rollers so not many comps but still better than full price without TR card. I am going to "upgrade" to a fab strip view and just keep checking rates. The only GO room on my calender is a suite for 140.00 plus RF and tax.

16. snoopydogj

snoopydogj High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just changed my room from High Roller to a strip view. I'll probably still have a mile hike from the elevators.:Þ

17. Carol1113

Carol1113 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Call resv.line and request a room close to the elevator--we have had very good luck by doing this

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.