1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bring on the Triple Crown

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by Vinegarjoe, Apr 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vinegarjoe

Vinegarjoe Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Calling all horse betters !

I am a long time reader, and occasional poster, and getting pumped up about the biggest 5 weeks in horse racing, which starts with the Derby in less than 3 weeks !!!!!!

With the "road to the derby" races concluded, What are everyone's thoughts on the Derby ? ( and then the Preakness and Belmont Stakes)

American Pharaoh, Dortmund, Materiality, Carpe Diem, International Star, Danzig Moon, El Kabier, Ocho, Ocho, Ocho, Bolo.. to name a few.

Who is your favorite and why ?

I know that post position, weather, how the horses ship, and train in preparation are all factors that influence the way in which we handicap the race, but I just wanted to get a thread started for those that love betting the ponies to share thoughts, opinions, guesses, LOL.

Regards,

Vinegarjoe

2. bwatson23

bwatson23 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dortmund is the best horse, but I'm not sure he will contend for the Triple Crown this year, I don't think that horse exists for 2015.

One reason I love the horse: Sire is Big Brown, the last real amazing horse I think I've seen.

3. klevegas

klevegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi!

I love Dortmund and Anerican Pharoah and Materiality. For a long shot I will keep my eye on Bolo. I don't know if we will ever see another triple crown winner, however there was a 25 year gap until secretariat and then we had three in five years...

4. IxAccDnf

IxAccDnf VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As foal crops continue to decline the likelihood of a Triple Crown winner increases.
    American Pharaoh is set to run a lifetime top next out, I will be looking for matchup prices against Dortmund

5. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well in the third future pool I got in Itsaknockout ( 30-1) and Upstart (15-1) so clearly one of those two will win... :poke:

6. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dortmund. He's a beast.

7. fuseli

fuseli Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    American Pharoah and Dortmund look plenty short enough.
    I've backed Frosted at 20/1 here in the UK, (I liked his Wood Memorial win).
    ...roll on Saturday week!:licklips:

8. slimmy28

slimmy28 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now I want the Dubai horse to win, Mubtaaj (or however you spell it to win) because I put a nice bit down on him at the Wynn prior to his Dubai romp at 75-1, however, I don't think he will. It's hard to knock American Pharoah, but I never bet chalk in the derby. I kind of like Materiality if the price is right. But who knows, lol. I'll change my mind about 20 times between now and next Saturday. One bet I love to play each year is the Oaks/Derby Double.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.