1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Golden Nugget Host Contact

Discussion in 'Comps' started by TheCooler, Apr 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheCooler

TheCooler Professional Gambler and the Best Football Handica

Can someone share contact info for their host at GN? Thank you!

2. ajp

ajp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. TheCooler

Thanks, but I was hoping for a recommendation as well.

4. chico7800

chico7800 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I use Jenna and find her very quick to respond.

5. bu$hman

bu$hman Guppie trying to become a whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, the question is, if you're comfortable (or PM me) what type of play do you give? I have been visiting the GN religiously once (sometimes twice) a year, for about 15 years. Never used a host, but hit up the host on call in the evening of my last night. I don't do slots or VP, as I realize their VP tables aren't too good. However, I am a $10 BJ player; play LIR for $5-$10; and mostly craps played at (cheap) $5 PL backed by 3-4-5 odds and Place $12 on 6/8 (6/9 or 5/8 depending on point.) I will typically get one night comped (on a four night stay.) Just trying to see how/what I might do to get better. I realize they are tight, and I don't really complain about comps, or lack thereof. Is it worth my time to bother Jenna?

6. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My 2 cents - yes its worth your time to talk to a host. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Just be completely up front about your play and ask Jenna the same way you are asking here.... I play xyz, I've been a loyal customer, I was wondering if I can get more for my play than I'm getting.

A lot depends on how long you play for. You are at the low end of the minimums, but if you play 20 hours a day, they will like you. :)

What kind of offers are you getting from them?

7. CoveredinBeer

CoveredinBeer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did this on my last trip based on reading your blog. I'm in that area with CET where I have a marketing executive but not a host. Still, I went to one on my last day to see if any room charges could be removed. I knew I didn't give them as much play as they wanted because I lost too much. Anyway, he was happy to check, but couldn't comp off any meals. Ok, fine. It was worth the five minutes it took to ask, though.

8. bu$hman

bu$hman Guppie trying to become a whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't get any offers, just what I can scratch out at the end of the trip, along with the typical mailers for being 24 Karat Gold Member (or whatever the flavor is right now). As you point out, I am at the very low end, but have been going exclusively to the GN for years. As for getting four hours of sleep, what?! Get that much sleep! I don't get that at home (I have a 6 year old and a 3 year old.) Four hours would be a luxury. Jesting aside, I typically put in 4-6 hours of play per day. Usually at the "low juice" games of BJ and Craps. I hear what you're saying, nothing to lose. Thanks. chico7800, care to chime in?

9. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can tell you who to avoid if that helps. JC sucks. I played enough to get 1300 knocked off at checkout but he couldn't even be bothered to return my emails when I was trying to book a room.

10. TheCooler

Thanks for the tip. There's little more frustrating than poor communication with a host.

11. Royal Flusher

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good for you for trying. I've gotten turned down many times. I remember this one time at Luxor when we thought our play should give us a lot more than we were getting. We had a long argument at the 'Gold Club' booth and they ended up throwing us a few things just to get us to shut up. :)

And one time at Wynn the guy said, well no, we can't comp anything above the offer you came in on. And I'm like, what would it take to get more comped off? He's like, $100K more play than you did.

Oopsies.

12. stevenotstu

stevenotstu Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jenna Rose is my host. She's very prompt to reply to email. Extremely helpful and friendly. I feel like my comps are being rewarded equal to my play (and what I feel I deserve).

13. TheCooler

Thanks, I emailed her yesterday. Awaiting a reply.

14. chico7800

chico7800 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I find most places dont do much on tables if under $25 bet. One thing i find super easy there is to get food comps from the pit while playing. My friends were playing bj with me low bets (10-20 a hand) for an hour and they all got $25 each for dinner just from asking the pit boss. Most likely the host will just ask you to stop in and see them before checking out.

15. chico7800

chico7800 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lol when i first started going to Vegas i stayed at the Venetian for 2 nights and lost about 2k in maybe 4 hours of slot play as i ran super, super cold. The host on duty actually laughed at me when i asked if they would pick anything up off my bill.

16. Royal Flusher

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh man.

Cringe.

:beer:

17. sigsev

sigsev Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    V/P's attitude to their players is less than kind, IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.