1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Another Great Trip to TI

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Coach Terry, Apr 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coach Terry

Coach Terry Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Warning: If you have ever read any of my trip reports –they all sound alike, but it has been a while since I posted one!

My lovely wife and I went the Treasure Island for a 4 day gambling trip April 12-16. This was a basic trip for us. This is trip #36 to Vegas for us and trip # 29 to TI

1) We had an offer: 4 nights in a comped Executive Suite, $1500 in Freeplay, and Food (RFL). This included the check-in at the VIP lounge and the TI Car (not a limo – but a very nice black Cadillac Escalade Tag number: TI 01).
    2) We arrived via first class flight via Delta. Everything was great and on time. Nothing special about the plane at all!
    3) We received an Executive Suite on the top floor (Floor 36) with a view of the Strip looking over at the Venetian. Without a doubt it was a nice room with a nice view and the bed was wonderful. We just love the idea of the two bathrooms!
    4) We ate at the following places: TI Coffee Shop (3 times for Breakfast and once for Lunch), TI Dishes, Gilley’s. We also ate at the Buffet at Mirage.
    5) We did go shopping at the Fashion Show Mall -since is so nicely located next to TI. We also went over to the Mirage to do about 1+ hours gambling. Otherwise we were gambling at TI. No issues with the tram service.
    6) My wife and I did nothing but slots. As far as slots go: my wife likes ALICE. We both had great runs at times (numerous jackpots or hits for $400+). I play just about anything on the slots -but like Goldfish 2, Money Storm, Alice, Dolly, and Ghostbusters. My wife received one hand pay!!!
    7) Drink service was excellent at TI.
    8) Great experience with the TI Car drivers – we tipped $30 coming in and $25 going out. Nice touch by TI.
    9) Took advantage of the VIP lounge - they offer free drinks and snacks throughout the day - The soda are in cans so - we go in once a day to grab a soda and cookie! We love all the girls in VIP services.
    10) No resort fee for comped guests - but you can take advantage of the "free" stuff - we did not.
    11) I did visit the Salon for a Mani/Pedi on Monday and a Gentlemen’s Facial on Tuesday. Dory and Robin are awesome! I do this each trip. Great service!
    12) Our TI Host arranged tickets to go see Elton John over at Caesars. What a great show! The two tickets were $250 each and were for the VIP section. Nicer chairs. My wife sang every song!
    13) During this trip, my wife earned about 35,000+ slot points and I earned 20,000+ slot points at TI.
    14) We checked out Thursday morning around 9 am and headed to the airport. We did a little last minute shopping. The Security Line was not too bad; especially when you always have TSA Pre-Check!
    15) There have been some recent changes at TI – CVS is now open and the have changed the menu at the Coffee Shop (Where’s the Beef?)
    16) After visiting Caesars and Mirage – I am reminded that the size of TI is just right for us! The others are so large and spread out!
    17) We are going back this summer (Mid-June) – This will make 30 visits to TI!

If you have any questions -I will gladly answer :wave:

2. vegas crazy

vegas crazy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thx for the report any pics?

3. hla

hla Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report! Looks like TI is treating your well..

4. Coach Terry

Coach Terry Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes - let me see if I can get them uploaded!

Attached Files:

5. Kkirk777

Kkirk777 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report - thanks

6. Coach Terry

Coach Terry Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    More pics

Attached Files:

7. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report, I enjoy TI as well and will be making my 3rd stay there next month

8. chitownjohn

chitownjohn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report, sounds like TI is rightfully taking care of some very loyal customers. I enjoy TI and often get offers for deeply discounted rooms, but not fully comped. One of these times I'm going to take them up on their offers.

From my perspective Mirage and TI are both easy to navigate, but Caesars is a totally different story. Sounds like you had a great time, thanks for sharing.

What is the restaurant above the new CVS, did you happen to check that out?

9. woody82986

woody82986 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report! My wife and I will be staying there for the first time in mid June also. When we were in Vegas for our honeymoon a couple years ago and went in to look around we really liked what we saw and said the next time we go to Vegas we would be staying at TI. We don't have nearly the play you guys do, but we are hoping we will like TI enough to make that our "home" when we go to Vegas.

10. Coach Terry

Coach Terry Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmmmm

No - but from the road it looked completely empty.

11. woody82986

woody82986 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is the buffet at TI any good at all? I noticed you didn't mention in in the places you had eaten at, so I'm guessing you steer clear of it for a reason...

12. Coach Terry

Coach Terry Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Buffets!

We ate there - It is called Dishes - Definitely like the one at the Mirage much more, but Dishes has a nice selection of food - just smaller. They have different themes, so check them out - the day we ate there the theme was German (they still have all of the traditional fare).

If you like beer and wine with your food, the Mirage Buffett is the better deal (beer and wine is included in the base price). I feel the Mirage had more seafood selections too. Desserts were better at TI. At TI, they get your drinks for you - at the Mirage it is another self-serve station - but I liked that too! Just my 2 cents!

13. woody82986

woody82986 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ah ok! Now that I think about it, I remember their buffet was called Dishes. My mistake. I do like to have a beer or two with my meals (especially in Vegas). We are there for 4 days and 3 nights so we will probably try both the TI and Mirage buffets just out of default. Everything just seemed really relaxed when we spent time gambling at TI so we are definitely looking forward to the trip. We stayed at the Encore for our honeymoon and enjoyed our stay, but everything just seemed a little too "uppity".

14. driver

driver Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have to agree with you on the T.I. We have stayed there since 1998 and never a bad experiance.

15. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the report on treasure Island. I'm staying there for my first time in a couple of weeks. Some of the recent reviews had me a little bit nervous. A lot of them mention that the customer service was sub par to downright rude. I've never stayed on that side of the strip before so I am looking forward to the change of location.

16. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report! And "Alice"...hmmm...I might have an easier time getting my g/f to stop by with me now! :evillaugh

17. Ruark

Ruark Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If it's OK for me to ask, how did you play the slots, i.e. denomination, no. of coins, etc.?

18. Coach Terry

Coach Terry Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We play Penny Machines - one cent or two cent - max lines - so anywhere from $2 to $5 a spin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.