1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Can you use RC's to pay for resort fees?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by bdautch, Apr 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bdautch

bdautch VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    By the time I stay at Bally's in December, I should have enough RC's to cover the $84 cost of my long weekend there. And I allowed to use RC's to cover that cost? No big deal if I'm not; I'll just use those RC's for food, drink, etc. But I was wondering if resort fees were an eligible way of using RC's.

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Of course.

3. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can use your RC towards anything charged to your room, minus tips I believe. Just make sure you go to the front desk to use your RC's before you check out, or else you won't be able to use them

4. bdautch

bdautch VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I can I do it when I check in? Or must it be post-check in?

5. Mooda

Mooda Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's a great question!!!

6. Champster1

Champster1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I imagine at the check out. In fact if your play warrants it then you may want to eat up your R.C.'s if you are convinced that they will wipe out your resort fee. I put 6,300 TC's on my card last visit (3/19-25). They comped the Resorts fees off my bill (minus $4.00 in RC's)!

7. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Believe at check-out only unless they would be willing to post a credit to you room billing. Any room/fee/food charges are posted daily so the full amount will show in the balance the day of check out...

8. bdautch

bdautch VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess I just figured it would be the $84 they've quoted me already, and by then I should have about $100 in RCs from various other CET trips. So I'd be able to swing the $84 from the get-go.

9. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here is what i suggest, and i'll be doing this in June at Bally's. I e-mailed CET to confirm when the day starts/ends........it starts at 6 am, the day ends at 5:59 am. Whenever you use your card for non gambling activities, like using your reward credits to pay your bill at check out (which i do), it still counts as a day.
    So, what i plan to do, as well as what you should do, is pay off your bill (if you use your TR card with credits), before 5:59 am on the morning you leave (or just before turning in for the night, go to check out and take care of it, as long as it's before 5:59 am).
    So if you have no other plans on using your card on the last day, you'll be good to go.

In my case, i'm staying 7 days, 6 nights. My room is comped for 5 nights, and the last day has a small fee, but my resort fee is $150. I have enough credits to pay off my bill (thanks to SR). But the mistake i made in November was i used my rewards credits when i checked out at 11 am, little did i know that even though i never inserted my card into a machine on the last day, i was penalized for using my rewards credits.

Now i know, if i gamble at 3, 4, 5 in the morning and then call it quits at 5:15 am, then head over to the check out desk to use my reward credits to pay my bill, then i can rest easily knowing that my last day in Vegas won't count against me (my ADT score).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.