1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

When you fly...........

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by WickedWife, Apr 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WickedWife

WickedWife Tourist

What is your favorite place on the plane to sit (besides First Class) and why?

2. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i usually fly SWA and try to get an exit row seat for the extra legroom.. on a close to 6 hour flight to Vegas, it helps a lot....

if I can't get that, I'll head to the back to the Con Air seats.... close to the pisser and I can stand for a minute or two by the galley.

3. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ill sit anywhere as long as i have a window...put my headphones on, lean on the window and either enjoy the view or take a nap...i was pn a flight from las angeles heading back home to new orleans. 6 hours in a middle seat, never want to do that again

4. hillwood24

hillwood24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always book a window so that I can enjoy the scenery and lean against it when I sleep.

5. gadgets19

gadgets19 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Like others always window so I can lean and sleep

6. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    NEVER a middle seat. My first choice is a window seat......I don't want to get up 10x for someone with a weak bladder.

7. breadman

breadman Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like the aisle you don't have to crawl over people when have to go to bathroom and I can stretch my legs out in the aisle.

8. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a Southwest fan as well... 4th or 5th row, always left side (don't know why), as you walk down the aisle, and the window seat.

9. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  10. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Quite frankly I can't understand why anybody would fly Southwest. It's the uncertainty of seating that bothers me.

I usually choose the an aisle seat as I like to stand frequently and stretch. Typically I fly 120 plus flight segments a year so I have plenty of time and experience. An aisle suits me best.

11. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Piggy, SWA is the only one that is non stop out of Bradley... i HATE changing planes.... and Logan is too much of a PITA to me...
    and i get some price relief from CET...

12. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't mind changing planes. I travel so much I'm never in a hurry to get anywhere, even Vegas.

I hate CET. The only reason they have any use for me in LV is as a bathroom stop. Since the Bally's ceiling collapse in 2012 and the response from the morons in that mold filled building, they can take their entire corporation and shove it.

13. Krh2o

Krh2o MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They don't charge for a checked bag, they let you change your flight for free, and they have good fares. I have never not had my choice of seat. Either check in at 24 hours or get early check in.

14. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like the window seat. yes its cramped and hard to get out but I rarely get up and can lean on the window to sleep!

15. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exit row for legroom on SWA

16. soundchic

soundchic Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Window so I can sleep and control the window shade. I fly a lot but the spin around the strip during take off scares the daylights out of me. Ooh look at the strip, wow this is a sharp left bank, don't let us go down in the fountain!

17. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I prefer the aisle seat so I stretch my legs a little, on long haul prefer to pay a little extra and get a premium economy seat which has more leg room

18. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It depends on how long the flight is and how much of a hurry I am in. If it's a short flight and I'm in a hurry, I'll get something up front even a (_GAG_) center seat. If it's a longer flight, particularly when I'm not in a rush, I like an aisle seat toward the rear.

My fave seat on Southwest is the front row, aisle or window. "Southwest First Class!" :) On the rare occasion I fly Business Select I can often get one. Every so often I seem to get one by the luck of the draw.

19. chitownjohn

chitownjohn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    United Economy Plus aisle. Row 11 if I'm in a sleepy mode. I choose row 11 because the Airbus 320 doesn't have windows in that row due to seat re-alignment - this prevents the DB in the window seat from blinding me with the light. Otherwise row 12 because it has two windows which is good for an occasional glance out even from the aisle seat.

20. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used to fly delta, but no direct flights so i fly from NOLA to LAX and then to vegas...have no issues changing planes unless i have to run to the next plane to make the flight

I fly southwest now because its the only airline that does direct flights from new orleans and always has a flight that gets me there early...they are usually the cheapest flights to. except for fight weekend where they are high as hell if you waited too long to book

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.