1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ballys new eStandby upgrade program

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by peggymcc, Apr 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peggymcc

peggymcc Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got an email from ballys stating that I could use the new Ballys eStandby Upgrade Programto potentially upgrade my reservation. We are leaving Sunday and staying 8 nights. I have booked indigo tower king. One of the four offers is $14 extra per night for Indigo Tower Delux King. I
    is this worth the extra money.

2. Champster1

Champster1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Looks like the View is the main difference!! Is a view of the strip/valley worth $112.00 to you?? I've stayed at Bally's at least once a year for 5 straight years. Indigo Tower and Jubilee Tower (Jubillee 3 weeks ago - room 5707). I've never been disappointed in any room that they have put me in.

Ps I don't give a damn about views though!! When I get to the room I am too tired to look at anything but the pillow!!!

From BALLYS WEBSITE....

Indigo Room | 1 King | Non-Smoking

"In Bally's Indigo King Non-Smoking room, you'll enjoy a view of Paris or Bally's plaza and modern style accommodations with plush upholstery, rich woods and an upgraded marble bathroom with combined tub and shower. This room measures more than 440 square feet and includes one king bed, a hairdryer, iron and ironing board, clock radio, wireless internet."

Indigo Deluxe Room | 1 King | Non-Smoking
    "Bally's Indigo Deluxe King Non-Smoking room includes a view of the Las Vegas Strip or valley and Art Deco-style accommodations with plush upholstery, light woods and upgraded marble bathrooms with combined shower/tub. These rooms measure 440-plus square feet and includes a hairdryer, iron and ironing board, clock radio, wireless internet"

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  3. bdautch

bdautch VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've gotten these offers before, and I generally only exercise them when I can achieve a substantive upgrade, such as the Jubilee Tower, rather than the cosmetic upgrade of a better view in the Indigo Tower.

4. jsadlak

jsadlak Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would not pay the extra money. If you are Diamond or Platinum I would give them your card at check in and ask if they have any free upgrades. I'm Diamond and whenever I book a room I try to reserve the best free/comped room that is available then at check in they usually give me something better than that, and typically without even requesting it. Have fun!

5. voltron12

voltron12 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    its over 100.00 if your staying 8 days. You would be better off holding a 50.00 half way under your hand so it is noticeable when you check in. Ask if their are any complimentary upgrades to (pick out a room you really like ahead of time like the jubilee celebrity suite) A 50.00 tip would go a long way at a place like ballys if they notice it and have any rooms available.

6. peggymcc

peggymcc Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks . I think I'll pass on the offer and see what I can get at check-in. They also offered indigo tower suite at $78.per night and jubilee suites at $157. Per night and jubilee premium strip view at $39 per night.

7. Champster1

Champster1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Peggy...I guess it comes down to what's important to you. If you are Platinum might I suggest looking for "April" (platinum blond with glasses) at the Plat check in. (She is always at the Plat check in). Nicest CET check in person in the USA (IMHO). Try and get there early if you can. She has always upgraded me...with out asking (or a $50.00). I subsequently look out for her and always mention her in the email survey that I get when I return to Buffalo. Other than that...don't stress the small stuff and have a good time!!!!

8. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not for $14 per night. I'm booked at Bally's in June for 6 nights. The difference in a Classic room and Deluxe room in the Indigo Tower is the Deluxe rooms are higher up, thereby better views. But all you have to do is ask, that's what i do.
    What i would do is what i plan on doing myself. Keep your room, then when checking in have a tip ready and upgrade to Jubilee Tower. I'm only Gold but i'm comped 5 of the 6 nights, so i may use a higher tip, maybe $40 to get a Jubilee room.
    The money you save by not paying $14 per, can be used for the tip at check in. But going from Classic to Deluxe is not really an "upgrade". Only suites in the Indigo Tower and Jubilee room in the south tower are upgrades. IMHO.

9. Terry Benedict

Terry Benedict VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My friend just did this upgrade at Rio. For $65 more a night, he got a Masquerade Suite: takes up the entire end of the floor. We got the connecting room comped. So we basically had a two-bedroom suite for $100 a night (+MFRF).
    So the upgrades may be worth it to you, may not. I agree with asking when you get there because you're not sure what upgrade you want right now.

10. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Indigo is north tower, right? Don't pay more for a strip view - they only have obstructed views of the fountain and the actually north view is the Cromwell.

11. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We received the upgrade email before our stay recently. I agree, If you are platinum look for April. My deal wasn't as good as the one stated but...email upgrade was $65 night for the Indigo Tower suite ( Grand Suite, Jr. Suite has gone by many names over the years )....April gave it to us for $50 night which was fine with me. Even if you are not platinum or higher I use to always wait until checkin to upgrade...generally found it cheaper than ahead of time...you are just taking a chance of not being able to due to being sold out.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.