1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Is there a serious dress code enforced at Oscar's at the Plaza?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by TyrC, Apr 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TyrC

TyrC Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am wanting to go to Oscar's at the Plaza. I do not own a suit or sports jacket. I will be wearing a button up shirt and nice jeans. Will this cut it for the restaurant?

2. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the broad that greeted me and my buddy didn't throw us out dressed that way. not sure if it's changed since.

3. NativeSoCal

NativeSoCal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We ate there two years ago.

I had on a Hawaiian shirt and cargo shorts. No issue whatsoever.
    This was immediately preceded by a trip to Frankie's Tiki Room. (where my attire was overwhelmingly apropos) :thumbsup:

PS - The rib eye at Oscar's was fabulous!

4. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The fashion snobs (here and at Oscars) may roll their eyes, I say be comfortable and enjoy a great meal.:beer:

5. Gofaster87

Gofaster87 Low-Roller

I was there the week it opened. The girlfriend and I were just walking around checking out vp tables and decided last minute to eat there. I was in shorts and a beat up t-shirt and they didn't care one bit. Even got the sought after window seat before slot zilla ruined all that. Just my experience but that was quite a while ago, I have since eaten there wearing jeans and a t shirt with no problem.

6. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've worn dockers and a nice shirt to Oscar's (with no jacket) and not had a problem. The food really is good, though relatively expensive for the area. The service is top notch as well.

Bill

7. Gofaster87

Gofaster87 Low-Roller

Yea its a little over priced for what it is. Last time I was there the rib eye special was $70. It was good but nothing I would rave about.

8. RC

RC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Their crab cakes come highly recommended by one of my local friends

9. jaidee1

jaidee1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's a restaurant that was designed to be a throwback to old LV. Oscar Goodman had something about booze and broads...

Went there a while back and was greeted by an semi-older matronly host-tart (yes, I'm just reporting what I saw so don't call me an age-ist or sexist, please). She was dressed a-la flapper showgirl style and was quite flirtacious with the table. We enjoyed our repartee with this lady and she is one of Oscar's "broads" who just tries to charm the customers. Yes, we generously tipped her just for the entertainment value she provided.

The food was pricey and yes, short, t-shirts and golf shirts are all the norm. Come to think about it, I don't think there are too many places forcing men to wear coats, at least none that I've been to.

It does have a great view but agreed, Slotzilla takes away the traditional classic Fremont Street view that this restaurant used to offer.

10. TyrC

TyrC Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since my wife's penny slots and my 25 cent (5 quarter's a play) vp won't exactly bring in the comps we would most likely spend full price for a nice buffet. That said at $30 U.S. a person we would
    spend at least $60 it would be the same for better quality food. So i'm thinking I'll visit Oscar's.

11. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    HA! I love it!

12. mattMN10

mattMN10 Minnesota living. Las Vegas dreaming.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ate there last year while staying at the Plaza with family and we had a blast. No dress code was enforced while we were there. We weren't intending on eating here but thanks to some decent luck and betting fairly heavily on the slots, I was provided a $100 food comp by a host. Our server was amazing, we were seated with a perfect view overlooking Fremont St. as the lights came on. One of those experiences I'll never forget! Have a great meal!

Buddies 4th of July Bash
  13. Former Plaza Host

Former Plaza Host Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi everyone. The only "dress code" is no flip flops and no tank top shirts. :) Otherwise eat and be merry. :)

14. The Ost

The Ost Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was going to say, as long as you have shoes and a shirt, you'll be fine anywhere at the Plaza.

15. TyrC

TyrC Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I checked the menu online and the most expensive I saw was a strip steak 14oz for 48.00 U.S. As I've said we don't gamble heavy amounts so we might just try several steak houses.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.