1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Has anyone redeemed a Companion ticket using MyVegas points? Need help.

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by muskokacam, Apr 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muskokacam

muskokacam Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi there. I'm new to using My Vegas and am thinking of redeeming a Companion ticket to see

Carrot Top in the summer (yes I know I have to be within the 90 day window of my trip).

Has anyone redeemed a Companion ticket to a show using MyVegas points? If so how does it work? Will I be able to get two seats beside each other? Do I conduct all of my transactions once I hit the redeem option on My Vegas or do I have to go to another outside ticket purchasing website/source too?

The My Vegas site? says that I will be able to get one Companion ticket with the purchase of another at $59.95 plus applicable taxes to see Carrot Top.

Sorry for the confusing question. I just want to know how it is done so it flows smoothly and I don't waste those points and am wondering is it worth it financially?

Thanks in advance.

2. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have not done a companion ticket but have purchased show tickets for 2 free from myvegas. You can be longer than 90 days from your trip to purchase show tickets. You have to call and redeem them within 90 days from your purchase on my vegas. You trip can be 6,9,12 months away. However that will count as one reward on your trip so you can't purchase that now and then still get 3 more rewards. Carrot Top is very good. We are going to see him again in August. I bought tickets on Travel Zoo - 3 rd row center. It cost right around $100 for the both of us. I think entertainment tax is 10% and then other taxes will bring it up to $70+ - still a good deal. You can get the seats together. You will have to pay when you call the myvegas number to redeem. You will deal with myvegas over the phone - You will get a number to call when you purchase the reward - you are sent an email plus it is always visible on your rewards purchases. You pick up your tickets at any ticket office in any mlife resort.

3. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes. When you call the box office they will ask for your code and give you two seats together. We did it last August and got two seats on the second row for Carrot Top. I plan on doing it again next month.

Mark

4. Diva21

Diva21 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Use the offer on Travelzoo. It is a better deal. We used it in October and had great seats in the 2nd row.

5. Jwingle

Jwingle Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know if the fine print changed recently, but I just checked and it says you need to use show ticket rewards within 90 days of travel. Good to know for future use!

6. Jane42

Jane42 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jwingle - 90 days of travel or 90 days from purchase? I don't understand what 90 days of travel means. Thanks!

7. Jwingle

Jwingle Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry, I wrote that while I was tired! I meant you have to redeem the ticket within 90 days of purchase. It's written right on the information once you click on the ticket.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.