1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Clarification on freeplay

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by burdog, Apr 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. burdog

burdog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been reading on some other forums that freeplay can only be redeemed on a stay that is not -
    A. comped
    B. any sort of offer whether from MGMMirage or say code from Smartervegas, etc
    C. a room booked from MyVegas reward.

Can anyone confirm this? I have tried to check the MyVegas site, FAQ's, FB page and have not seen anything regarding this scenario. Thank you all.

2. VegasSchemer

VegasSchemer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't think this is true. I've done it many times in the past and also just this past Saturday at the Mirage. One myVegas night (and one paid for myself) and got the $25 (two-night minimum) freeplay.

Also, we decided to stay that second night during that second day so we didn't need to switch hotels, and they still gave it to me despite being two different reservations. That may also slightly clarify things for future users.

3. Kolmeseiska

Kolmeseiska Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The restrictions at this time only applies for Mandalay Bay and from what I've read you cannot use it if your room is comped, doesn't matter how it's comped, you need to pay for your stay.

4. BCMike

BCMike VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed at MGM on a 3 night comp, 1 night paid for (which was comped when I checked out) and they didn't have any issues with me using the $50 free play from MyVegas. This was March 4-8 and there has been tightening since then so maybe it's changed.
    They actually reminded me when I redeemed the free play and 2 buffet passes that I had more redemptions or open spots that I could have used..I just didn't find more things that interested me unfortunately.

5. Scorcho

Scorcho Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed at NYNY comped in March, got $50 freeplay just fine without issue
    Stayed at MGM Grand comped in November 2014, got $50 freeplay just fine without issue

6. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll let you guys know next week. I am staying at MGM on a 3 day comp and picked up the $50 freeplay since there was nothing else that really interested me. I just read through the terms and conditions on the email and all it says is that a minimum 3 day stay is required. Does not stipulate anything about whether you have to pay for your room.

7. Kolmeseiska

Kolmeseiska Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure if my first post wasn't clear enough, the new freeplay rules are only in effect at Mandalay Bay so no, you won't have any problems at MGM Grand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.