1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Caution -- Bad Trader

Discussion in 'Coupons & Sweepstakes' started by Buddha, Apr 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just wanted to warn everyone of a bad trader who scammed me out of a few coupons.
    This "guy from Michigan" contacted me back in October 2014, after I posted my typical "Futures" trade offer for my left over 2014 coupons, in exchange for a promise of a few 2015 coupons. I sent about a dozen 2014 coupons to "this guy from Michigan", and he promised to send me four 2015 Matchplay coupons in January.

Well ... you guessed it ... he never sent any coupons to me. I tried emailing him about this issue, and got no replies. I tried calling him, and left a message on his voice mail ... again no reply.

I have written off any hope of getting anything from him, but wanted to warn my fellow traders. I have traded coupons for many, many years, with hundreds & hundreds of friendly traders ... but there is always one rotten egg hiding behind the internet.

Good Luck to all my fellow traders !!!

"Buddha"

2. Mooda

Mooda Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That stinks. Sorry to hear.

3. vdarrell

vdarrell Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So sorry to hear Buddha ...as you and I have been trading for quite a few years and you have been a godsend to us and helped us enhance our trips
    thanks for the warning.
    BTW...we are fortunate enough to get to take another trip in August ( I won the MyVegas contest which includes free Allegiant flights for two and two free nights in Vegas) :)

4. KazooTom

KazooTom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the warning, but you haven't identified the person for us. I am from Michigan and do trade coupons, I also give away many without asking anything in trade. Please identify this person so those of us from Michigan are not confused with this deadbeat.

5. klawrey

klawrey High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was going to say, I too am from Michigan, so I'd like clarification on the person as well so I'm not confused with them. Although I don't trade I don't want anyone confused me with the scam artist lol.

6. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry guys, but I had to clear all of this posting with the Forum administrator, and I can't provide his personal info.

7. vdarrell

vdarrell Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Suggestion for those who trade and if your trader is from Michigan why not drop Buddha a private message and ask if that trader is the one in Michigan he is talking about.

8. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That works! We have to be careful about naming people here cuz lawyers. :wink2:

This happens on occasion, so I thought this would be a good sticky to make traders aware. For the most part, traders here are honest and above board, but there's always one bad apple. :(

Sorry this happened to such a good trader.

9. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    People from Michigan typically show their palm and to use it as a map of Michigan.

michigan-hand.jpg

According to the information provided from Buddah, this trader must have been from the Upper Peninsula.

johnny-cash-by-DavidVigor[202972].jpg

:thumbsup:

10. KazooTom

KazooTom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think that this kind of activity should deserve some sort of disciplinary action on the part of our administrator against the bad trader. Maybe not allowing them access to the trading section of this board. I've made numerous trades with people on this board and all have gone well. I also give many coupons away to those who need them when I know I won't have any use for them myself. I'd rather give them away and see them get used then see them wasted. Contacting Buddha privately would certainly relieve any suspicions one might have.

11. Mike48331

Mike48331 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now our problem

Buddha, I think the problem now is that you have made this bad trader a problem for all of us in Michigan. We all hate bad traders as much as you do and most of us have probably had bad experiences but a general comment like yours can only push some of us out of the trading market for anyone who reads your post.

12. Birdie7

Birdie7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why not post the bad traders first and last letter or number in his or hers poster name in order to eliminate the innocent. By being so vague in description you incriminate the innocent. Sometimes silence is Golden.

13. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hate the idea that good Michigan traders think this makes them look bad. This particular trader is not a regular member of this board. I asked the OP not to use real names and I suggested "guy from Michigan". Sorry to other Michiganers. :)

The post is just a warning that not everyone is above board and honest as you'd like them to be. Assure that you receive your trades before you send out your coupons.

If there are problems with trading with a member of this board, please send me a PM and let me know so I can block them from future trades.

14. Mike48331

Mike48331 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bad Traders who aren't.

Sonia, being sorry doesn't help anyone in Michigan that has or will be hurt by a message that is permanently affixed to the group. That post should either be changed to a more general statement or be removed.

15. spoogy1

spoogy1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    also from mi. is this a new trader?

16. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Could you start a sticky thread where people can post who they have had positive trades with. When someone messages another member they can refer them to that thread that lists them as a member in good standing regarding coupon trade or swaps? Val

17. letsgotovegas

letsgotovegas VIP Whale

How about just posting the name of the town the perpetrator lives in? Or maybe initials of first and last name? That would narrow it down a bit more!

18. mrem3200

mrem3200 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very slippery slope though. How do the mods know that what the OP said is true? This is not meant as a criticism of the OP AT ALL. But just because one person says that another person did xxxx (bad thing) should that person be blackballed because of something they may or may not have done that is not verifiable? Or who knows, maybe he did stiff the OP but it was because he was in a car accident, his wife got cancer...or whatever.

Perfect example, I was in an NCAA bracket pool this year and the organizer sent an email to everyone after the tournament was over asking if they knew player XX because he hadn't paid his entry fee and he was not getting any responses to his emails to player XX. The organizer was annoyed, rightfully so and wanted the guy to pay up.. After about a week there was an email from the son of player XX, saying that he thought his dad had paid but he couldn't verify it since his dad died a week before. Son offered to pay, organizer waived the fee.

Who knows what happened here, move on...its some coupons. Just my 2 pesos.

19. Wetwater22

Wetwater22 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Budda, Dave from Tampa here ( over on open vegas Dercent

20. azlew

azlew Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is the way to stop it. If I run across something like that then I will notify you immediately .

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.