1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Tender Steakhouse at Luxor

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by hokdo, Apr 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hokdo

hokdo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can get a $75 off $150 deal through Myvegas for Tender at Luxor. Is it truly a good steakhouse? I don't mind paying for food as long as it's good because I might not eat there again, that's how I approach it. Just wanted to know the quality and what it would compare to. Thank you.

2. overcome1

overcome1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went in November. Loved it.

3. pressitagain

pressitagain VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have eaten here at least 4 times.

It is our go to restaurant because the service and food is exceptional. It is the best steakhouse on the south strip.

We would definitely put it ahead of the likes of Craftsteak, Stripsteak, Gallaghers, and Brand.

The variety of the menu is enough to suit any cravings.

You won't go wrong with Tender.

4. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
  5. markr520

markr520 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I ate there in June of 2013 and absolutely loved it! I had the New Zealand Ribeye which was incredible. My wife had a Sirloin that was also great. The appetizers were fantastic (great cheese selection). The sides and dessert were really good as well. Well worth the "splurge" dinner. I can't compare it to some of the other steakhouses since I'm typically a low roller... but we raved about it at the time and still think fondly of that meal.

6. VegasSchemer

VegasSchemer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also a fan but like any Strip steakhouse, I think only some sort of discount (coupon or comp) makes it worth it.

7. klawrey

klawrey High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm with VegasSchemer, Tender is a very good meal but not great. There are better steakhouses on the south end of the strip including StripSteak, Brand and Craftsteak. However with the $75 off $150 deal from myVegas it makes it one of the better values on the south strip.

I've only had the Japanese Kobe wagyu A-5 ribeye the two times I have been. First time the steak alone was $95, the second it was up to the current $115 but worth every penny. Melt in your mouth piece of ribeye unlike any I've ever had.

And the Lyonnaise Potatoes Gratin are delicious as well.

The service I had both times was average at best. We had a server/busser split someones old plate on a friends back during our meal. Restaurant offered to dry clean it overnight and comped us a few drinks. The other time we had a server who didn't like the fact we had two $75 off $150 rewards in the group and was annoyed on the amount of food the 4 of us order and it showed. I have never had experiences like either of these at Brand or StripSteak.

So combining that with the food, I'd say those are much better restaurants than Tender but with $75 off $150 it's a good meal at a great price.

8. Slotchick

Slotchick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We eat at Tender almost every trip as we find the food and service is well worth the price. If you have the $75 off $150 it is a no brainer if you ask me, that is what we usually do when we dine there. The atmosphere is nice if you like an intimate setting.

9. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is the deal $75 off of $150 or you get $75 free if you spend $150?

10. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's $75 off after you spend $150 I think. Or at least I hope. I'm thinking about buying this award. I won't buy it if I still have to pay $150 plus tip out of pocket for $225 worth of stuff.

11. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's $75 off $150.

12. hokdo

hokdo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's $75 off of $150.

13. firemanpete3

firemanpete3 Low-Roller

Used the mlife offer in September and had a very good experience. Going back in 2 weeks and definitely stopping in again. It is very comparable to other high end steakhouses and the 75 dollar off coupon makes it a good value as well.

14. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $75 off $150.... and unlike some Restaurant.com deals, it includes booze!

100% worth it.

15. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes you just have to spend $150. My sister still talks about the bison ribeye!

16. abraxis

abraxis Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I find the restaurants at Luxor to be quite good for what is considered a low-priced property. I haven't had a bad experience at any of them.

As a side note, though, i know the menu lists the wagyu as "kobe a5", but I'm not totally convinced that it's the kobe brand (more likely they are using "kobe" as a generic descriptive).

17. klawrey

klawrey High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is true. The only true Kobe beef in Las Vegas is at SW at Wynn which in my opinion is hands down the best steakhouse on the strip.

http://www.eater.com/2014/7/11/6187981/americas-only-legit-kobe-beef-is-at-wynn-las-vegas

18. majorminor

majorminor Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tender is Excellent! I was there 12 years ago after I got married and 2 years ago for anniversary. Great meal both times. Will be there again in a couple weeks!

19. Bo333

Bo333 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I go there 4-6 times a year. Always good food.

20. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will take Tender over most any steakhouse outside Palmers when it comes to South strip and the $75 makes it even better, the Bison Ribeye or wild game sampler are my two favs there and when I had the Flatiron there as a test the night after I had the same at Palmers Tender won out which speaks volumes from one who grew up raising first class Angus beef. FWIW the A5 there is legit, I asked a good friend who is a reviewer in Vegas and knows every major chef in town and he verified it is legit Kobe from Japan, he explained to me that is why they list Wagyu and Kobe on the menu to differentiate the two by more than just cost. Having had the A5 Rib cap at both there and Stripsteak Tenders is FAR better in every aspect including cost.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.