1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Flamingo: Do they even have this room?(STUDIO | 2 QUEENS | POOL VIEW | NON)

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by kewidogg, Apr 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kewidogg

kewidogg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So when I go to Flamingo's website and click 'Hotel' (first option to the right of their name/logo in the upper left portion of the page), and scroll down, I see this as an available room:

studio2queens.jpg

But when I click 'Check Availability', it takes me to their generic Room Selection page. I scrolled through all options, and the closest I can find is this:

studio2doubles.jpg

The problem is, this is double beds as opposed to the advertised queen beds from the first photo.

Has anyone ever stayed in the queen bed version or even know if it exists?

2. kyb

kyb Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I actually just tried to book this room. My dates showed this room as being comped,and after entering all my info, the website said the room type was not available. I didn't understand why the website would offer it to me and then tell me it wasn't available upon booking. Maybe the room type doesn't actually exist.

3. kewidogg

kewidogg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the response!

That's bizarre, especially if they show it to you as comped.

I'm tempted to call and ask them about it, if I wasn't at work

4. zsipe41

zsipe41 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I actually had the same issue as kyb did. But I called in to see if they could book me in that room over the phone and the lady said that room doesn't exists with 2 Queen beds, only 2 doubles. So after seeing it on the website for another week, I called in again and the guy got me in the room. However, on my reservation it says Room Type: Fab | Mini Suite | 2 QN | Pool | After he booked me in that, the Studio with 2 Queens room type went away on their website. So I guess I got the last one for those dates. Its weird what is going on with these rooms. Hopefully they are decent!

5. Simpatt

Simpatt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For a while zsipe41 I had a similar thing happen, I booked a standard FAB room. When I logged into my TR account a few days later it showed a suite rather than the room I booked....then it changed back to the plain old standard one. Grrrr.

6. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, i just booked the Studio 1 bedroom king room (550 ft) for about $7 per for 6 nights (5 nights comped, the 6th is $70). I just asked this question in the $20 tip thread. I'm booked at Bally's in June and Flamingo in November.
    It says i'm booked for the king Studio room. My question was, should i keep the Studio room or use the $20 tip to upgrade from Studio to the GO room?
    It's been a long time since i stayed at Flamingo. I realize the GO rooms are much nicer, but are the Studio rooms better than Fab besides the extra sq.ft? Are the Studio rooms in the upgraded wing or are they still the older Fab rooms that haven't been redone since the 70"s?

CET doesn't give you more than 5 comped nights, even though my calender says comped Sun-Fri. But if it says i'm booked into the Studio room, is it possible they made a mistake? Isn't that misleading if i'm checking in and they say "sorry, our mistake, here's your fabulous FAB room.
    I would demand a GO room if that's the case.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  7. john39

john39 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok I know this is a little old but I just booked this room as 2q pool view[​IMG]

8. vegaslisa

vegaslisa Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got off the phone with Flamingo and was also comped studio 2 Q/ non smoking room for next Feb for 5 nights?? Anyone ever stay in these rooms? I usually stay at Ballys or Harrahs so first time at Flamingo and hope they are clean and nice.

9. Guy_

Guy_ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was comped this room before but I never made it to the room.
    The girl at the front desk was very convincing when telling me "It's yours if you want it but TRUST ME, you would rather stay in one of our Go Rooms", followed by "If you just need larger space take it but if you want at least average quality or better, take a go room"

10. Badger31

Badger31 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have stayed in this room. It's in the the tower that run parallel to the Linq promenade (the one with the scary elevators) where all the FAB rooms are. The room was HUGE, but it was pretty dingy. The decor was similar to what the FAB rooms USED to be before they renovated them. If you want a nice clean looking/modern room, get the GO or even the FAB. If you plan on having a bunch of people in your room for any reason, this might suit your needs. When I stayed in it, it was just me and a buddy. It was a $20 trick upgrade from a FAB room. We really didn't need the room so it was a waste of $20.

11. couponqueen

couponqueen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fab Mini Suite (550 sq. ft.) 2 Q/NS Pool View - this is what we booked and it was a dump. It had 2 separate rooms with an old TV in the living room (really old furniture) and they gave us a king bedroom (instead of 2 queens which was fine) but the bed was uncomfortable and there was no TV in the room. Very dark rooms. It was the worst room we have ever stayed in at the Flamingo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.