1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mayweather-Pacquiao Viewing Parties (not comped)

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by 44inarow, Apr 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So for a good friend of mine who has the misfortune of being in town this weekend, has anyone heard anything about viewing parties generally? I won't be out there with him, and he's basically never gambled, so comps are out of the question; I just told him I'd check on whether there were any parties and what they might cost. I told him I'd expect them to be pricey, but I haven't really seen anything at all on any of the MGM websites.

2. Krh2o

Krh2o MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The PPV is selling for $99. That's higher then normal. I would guess $200 for a viewing party if they have them open for non comp guests. The thing is only MGM properties can have the CC feed. Bars and resteraunts won't be able to show it, or if they do they will have a $100 cover charge. I don't know if they have finalized the CC rights for resteraunts and bars yet. I heard a rumor they will not be showing it in theaters as some of the past Mayweather fights have been shown.

3. salukidean

salukidean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I heard them talking on ESPN radio here a couple weeks ago that the closed circuit parties were going to be $200 per person. I imagine those tickets will be limited too as many will be comped to players. Personally, there is no way I would pay $200 to see the fight. I'm watching it a friends house where 5 of us are each throwing in $20 books to cover the bill and I wondered if it was worth that much.

4. archie1959

archie1959 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just sent an e-mail today to a theater chain in MA to get update for May 2nd event I will post response if one is received.

5. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't I just flip on the TV in my room and order it PPV and charge it to the room?

I'd rather do that and have people to my room to watch it with some drinks rather than sit in a theater and pay $100/person.

6. Champster1

Champster1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's a great idea. I'll be staying at the Flamingo on fight night. I'm sure someone will have all the particulars before then!,

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.