1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CET - How many nights between comps?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by CubsFan, Apr 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CubsFan

CubsFan Newbie

I'm planning an extended trip (weekend to weekend) later this year, likely staying at Paris.

It may work out cheapest to try to use offers and get comped at the beginning and end of the trip (weekends) and then pay for the middle (mid-week) nights rather than make 1 consecutive reservation which would at least have me paying for weekend nights at the end. I know they can then combine the reservations so at least I don't have to change rooms.

How many nights in between comps do you have to have? I seem to recall it's either 2 or 3 nights. For example, if I used an offer to get comped on Saturday and Sunday nights, would I next be able to use an offer and get comped on Wednesday night or Thursday night?

Thanks!

2. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I seem to remember one night.But always had to call as the website gives me trouble when booking two stays.Just call them and explain the situation and they will work with you if you get someone nice.If not try again at a later time.Good luck.

3. jf3976

jf3976 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    24 hours, I did 3 nights between earlier this month just to be absolutely safe. I couldn't find that "fine print" online, but it was on the bottom of the actual mailed offers : )

4. publife

publife Newbie

The new terms and conditions says four nights between free stays / offers, but the written limit (think it's increased over the years) has always been ignored by hosts based on play.

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    fyi - the answer will vary with two big variables:

1 - When you say offer, are you talking about an offer with extras such as tickets, freeplay, etc. or just a room night.

2 - Your level of play

If you are only talking rooms, you can often do better by NOT using an offer and instead just booking the room.

6. CubsFan

CubsFan Newbie

So thanks for the answer so far. I think the offer includes some free play, but it's not entirely clear (I've got some offers that are "stay with us and you also get ..." that I think include a small amount of free play and/or food comps). I can't book them specifically, but I think they're added on to the room offers.

My stay will be for 7 nights altogether.

If I book without the offer, I can get 5 straight nights comped for a basic room and then pay for the last 2 nights only. When I try to book without an offer, for whatever reason, it doesn't give me the option to book a Red Room at Paris (whether comped or not).

But if I book with offers (and I have duplicate offers), I can get 3 straight nights on the front end and the back end (both weekends). I can get a Red Room booked (and comped) using the offers, even though I can't get it without the offer.

So what I was thinking about doing is using offer #1 for X amount of nights at the start of the trip to get a Red Room comped, pay for however many nights of a Red Room in the middle, and then use offer #2 for Y amount of nights at the end of the trip.

Ideally, it would be great if I could book offer #1 for 3 comped nights, pay for just 1 night, and then use offer #2 for the last 3 comped nights, but there seem to be some varying answers on whether 1 night in between offers is enough. I haven't booked anything because I don't want to have to book, cancel because it didn't work the way I wanted, and then lose the offers.

7. Naturaleight

Naturaleight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is or was an official policy that was 48 hours (I dont know what it is now). I had 72 hours in between my offers, and they didn't honor the second one. It's really up to their discretion.

8. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It used to be you could use up to five nights comped in a row but you would have to call reservations to complete a second reservation if you needed to do that over two reservations. I don't know if they've tightened up on that. I am not sure if the block online makes you wait one night or two.

9. mcmann14

mcmann14 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This would be a good question for Hunter, the PH host here on the board.

10. Champster1

Champster1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed!!

11. Simpatt

Simpatt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In my experience it's always been at least 2 nights in between 'trips' or else you get an online error. Even when calling I was given $ rates rather than comps if I've already got a nearby trip booked in.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.