1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Letting my friends from Vegas checkin to my room before I get there?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by johnnytwofingers, Mar 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnnytwofingers

johnnytwofingers Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Me and a buddy are sharing a room in the Nugget this week, and I have two girlfriends who will be getting into Vegas before us. I don't get in until 9PM, so I was wondering if I was to call ahead do you think the front desk would allow them to check in before us? Yes, I have to call to find out for sure but thought I'd ask here first to see. I don't even know if they're staying (overnights) with us, they just want a place to hang out while they wait, but if they are, I assume 4 people in a room is allowed, or are they going to ding us for extra charges past two people?

2. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If this is a comp room: If you have a host at Golden Nugget that is familiar with you then they might be able to do something, but it'd be entirely up to them. If you don't have a host then pretty much no chance it would happen: otherwise whats to say you are even going to show up? IE: if you have a comp offer at property _______ for a really nice suite and your brother was going to Las Vegas you can't just book the room and he shows up and you don't... the room offer would be an enticement to get you there.

If this is not a comp room: They could check in if one of their names is going to be on the reservation and they are going to put a credit card down for the charges. After you get there you could always go down and change the credit card that the room is being charged to.

For how many people in the room: they'll only know if you tell them how many people are going to be in the room.

3. Maylene

Maylene Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know it isn't much help, but is there an issue with them just checking in their bags and spending some time enjoying a drink and walking around until you arrive? It is vegas after all. Like suggested, I think a host is the only way to go.

4. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't speak specifically for the nugget but at another property I've arranged via a host to allow the GF to check in as she will be at the hotel before me. It will be secured with her credit card upon checking in but I can have it changed over once I make it to the hotel later in the day.

5. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Several years ago, I was due to arrive at the Golden Nugget several hours ahead of Ms. Gecko. For reasons long forgotten, the reservation was in her name, but I was later added over the phone. Believe it or not, I had no difficulty checking in before her arrival. (Sorry, I don't recall if I had to present my credit card or not; and they did want her to stop by registration when she arrived.) Amazing things still happen!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.