1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How low can the Flamingo go??

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by WickedWife, Mar 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WickedWife

WickedWife Tourist

After lots of people saying its better to book with the hotel over expedia, I finally found rates that made it cheaper to do exactly that! We are going in August and I am trying to find out if the rates have historically gone any lower than what I got. We are in a King/Non Smoking/ Go Room/Strip View. These are our days of the week with the rate:

Sat $101.40
    Sun: $57.00
    Mon: 53.40
    Tues: 46.20
    Wed: 46.20

Saturday is our anniversary so we won't be changing the days at all. Can I expect any of those to drop? They seem super low to me and Im super stoked about the deal but thought I'd check to see if they will go any lower. Thanks!

2. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We cannot predict what will happen but I suggest you keep checking the rates, maybe daily and if something cheaper comes along you can rebook or call and they usually will match it for you.

3. chitownjohn

chitownjohn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not sure which weekend you are going but I'm also not sure that Expedia is giving you a better deal than you can get by booking directly through Flamingo. Flamingo has a promotional sale for July-Aug, might want to check again. Also it's easier to cancel if booked directly with the property. Cheers.

For example, here's the Flamingo calendar for a Sat-Wed period in Aug.
    NIGHTLY RATES:
    SAT08/22/2015 $142.00 $106.50
    SUN08/23/2015 $68.00 $51.00
    MON08/24/2015 $62.00 $46.50
    TUE08/25/2015 $56.00 $42.00
    WED08/26/2015 $56.00 $42.00
    Semi Annual Sale 2015 - $96.00

4. WickedWife

WickedWife Tourist

Thank you, I wasn't sure if they fluctuate daily or more on a weekly basis. I'll check back daily.

We are booked with the hotel already.

5. chitownjohn

chitownjohn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My mistake, when I read this I thought you booked through expedia.

6. TrewBrew

TrewBrew I may be right, I may be Crazy.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am by no means an expert vegas traveler, but if you are not a Total Rewards member sign up on line and try again with your new TR number. I called with minimal betting at Ceasars properties and was comped two days of my four day stay. Thursday and Sunday nights.

Don't know if it will work for a new member but is worth a try..

7. SeeUNVegas

SeeUNVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Keep in mind as well that if you book direct with Total Rewards and find a lower rate they will match it with an additional 10% off.

8. PFB333

PFB333 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You might be able to get it for a little less.

9. WickedWife

WickedWife Tourist

No worries, my wording was ridiculously confusing :)

Those rates are using my TR card. And I didn't think about the fact that they might comp stuff at the end of our stay if we gamble. This is our first trip so we haven't gambled there before.

I didn't know about the 10%, I will remember that! Thanks!

Crossing my fingers. $1 saved on the room is a $1 towards the slot machines, lol.

10. tweis

tweis Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know about Flamingo but I check rates religiously and it really started paying off a couple of weeks ago. We really wanted to stay at PH because that's where we stayed last year and loved it but our comps were at Harrahs, Flamingo and Rio. We booked Harrah's but didn't keep it very long due to the Linq offering super low rates ($18 per night) and it being a new property, we switched. I then kept checking prices and the Linq actually went lower so I cancelled and rebooked it twice. Then a couple of weeks ago, PH rates finally dropped so I cancelled Linq and booked PH. I have since cancelled and rebooked PH three times due to the price getting lower and lower. I tried calling so that I would not have to cancel but the prices online were lower than what they were able to override in their system and the new rates were now showing for them so I had to cancel and rebook but in the last week alone the prices have come down about $150. So I would definitely keep checking. I was also able to get lower on rates on the Cromwell.

11. hillwood24

hillwood24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I snagged up one of those $18 rates at the Linq in early March. Really good considering I've never played at a Caesar's property.

12. DRPinVA

DRPinVA Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Randebutler,
    I'm certainly no pro, but I would offer a couple of suggestions. You state that you have a TR card, which perhaps means you have been to a Harrah's property, at least at some point. My wife and I have been on a Vegas drought for 4 years now, but we have visited other properties- AC, New Orleans, Philly....we are VERY MUCH low rollers, but they have comped us 4 nights early May with strip view rooms at Flamingo, Harrahs, LINQ, Bally's, also at PH and Paris, but without a strip view. So, 2 points - make sure that when you go to the Harrah's site, you choose 'All Properties' and 'Las Vegas', and also say 'Flexible Dates' - I know your dates are fixed, but by choosing this, you can see the full calendar of rates for all the hotels, and you may see better deals also using this method. Also, if your spouse has a TR card, be sure to put their member number in also. My guess is that as August gets closer you will see some comps show up for you, probably around mid June. As others have said, if they do reduce, you can just rebook Also, just a note, I believe I have read others posts here saying that the Flamingo has some construction still ongoing, you may want to ask about that, in case it's still in August.

13. Thickskinnedalive

Thickskinnedalive Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CET rates change daily and some say hourly. Personally I have found 2-3 months out being the sweet spot. That being said you can book and rebook easily through TR so book when you are comfortable with the price and rebook when it falls. Last trip I only had Harrahs comped at first but then 3 months out Ballys became comped. 2 weeks later Planet Hollywood became comped so that is where we ended up.

14. WickedWife

WickedWife Tourist

So much awesome advice, thank you all!!!

I've got a new problem, it won't let me modify my booking without calling in and when I try to make a new booking (before cancelling the old one), so that I can see the total cost, it tells me I already have a booking. Any way around this?

15. DRPinVA

DRPinVA Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know of a way around it myself, but I wouldn't hesitate to call them, they are very easy to talk to, you can also ask them about any construction that will/may be going on during your timeframe, and, you may even be able to ask them if they can't do just a little bit better deal for you. We have found that to be the case in the past.

Good Luck!

16. tweis

tweis Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Call. For whatever reason one of my PH bookings would not allow me to modify/cancel online. I had to call to cancel so that I could re-book at a lower rate. Now it shows up fine. CET will not allow you to have more than one reservation at a time. We are splitting our stay between two properties so my DH had to book PH under his name and I booked Cromwell under mine.

17. TyrC

TyrC Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and me booked air/flight for 2 for 6 nights for around 900.00. I think the Flamingo was around the same price. This was at the
    El Cortez.

18. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's good to know and makes me feel better that others also book and cancel several times over! Kinda gives me incentive to check more often and not fear the "cancel reservation" button!

19. kewidogg

kewidogg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I check rates nearly daily, and rebook when it goes down.

I also check a handfull of Vegas deal websites like www.lasvegasadvisor.com, www.smartervegas.com, and occasionally others. If a new promo code pops up I give it a whirl and compare to what I had. Right now I've got a GO room with 2 queens booked for 3 nights at $425 total or something, which is a steal (including resort fees, taxes, etc)

20. vegasfan2010

vegasfan2010 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Be careful. Most quotes do not include Resort Fees. Make sure before you book.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.