1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Sold out rooms

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by Not at the table Carlos, Mar 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Not at the table Carlos

Not at the table Carlos Cheapskate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I searched what I could but looking for more specific information. I went to redeem comp weekend and comp weekday rooms today and they are both sold out. Is it difficult to book those rooms every day? Is it true that they recycle at 8:00AM PST? I want to be able to book rooms soon and not sure how easy it will be to redeem. I have never redeemed a free room before. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

Earl's 21st Trip
  2. Not at the table Carlos

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So after speaking with a myvegas rep, they said the redemption code is sold out for the particular room comp I want. I am booking rooms for June! There is no way that I would have needed to book rooms well over 2 months out. Am I crazy here? She said that in a week they would be putting out new rewards. Couldn't specify if my specific dates in June that I want comped would be available like they currently show on the Excalibur calendar through myVegas. Can anybody share a similar experience?

Earl's 21st Trip
  3. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They reload rewards at different times of the day to "give all players a chance to redeem rewards."

4. bwatson23

bwatson23 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh really? This would be excellent.

5. burdog

burdog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would have to believe MyVegas room rewards like comped rooms, that a given hotel would set aside only so many for MyVegas . If that is the case then I don't think they would be reloaded everyday. Hope fully they will have some for your dates next week when the new rewards begin.

6. SH0CK

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The dates aren't reloaded daily, but the reward in the game that allows you to book the room is reloaded.

7. Not at the table Carlos

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shock, the myvegas rep made it sound like the free room comps don't work that way. Made it sound like this specific time period they are done with them for several days. I'll be checking at 8PST today though.

Earl's 21st Trip
  8. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rumors have been running wild that they are doing away with the room comps completely.

One thing is for sure: they are going to change the way the room rewards work. They admitted this in one of the Facebook Q&As. They called them "exciting changes" or something like that - but anyone who knows anything about MyVegas knows changes are never ever beneficial for the player.

9. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a shitload (that's Canadian for a bunch) of LPs and was thinking I may use some of them on a future trip for rooms (I don't normally stay at mLife properties). If you check the calendar, see dates of interest are included and purchase the reward but are then told when you actually try to book the dates that they are no longer available (as in Carlos' case), can you have the LPs refunded? I hate Cirque shows so there isn't really a lot of interest to me these days. I purchased a BOGO for Aria buffet and two unlimited drink passes for Aria buffet for my May trip. Other than that and monorail passes, I haven't really used the LPs for anything.

10. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes you can get a refund. You can do it yourself within the game.

11. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is this something new? I still thought it was around 7am Vegas time.

12. bwatson23

bwatson23 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a bit concerned about the possibility they don't have room rewards when they update for the summer.

13. Not at the table Carlos

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The rep I spoke with today seemed to say that although myVegas hasn't flat out said it...she believed that they would be getting rid of comped rooms. So we shall see

Earl's 21st Trip
  14. LVHooked

LVHooked High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just redeemed mlife and station room rewards, the properties I wanted to stay at weren’t available the dates I needed. Both were able to refund the rewards, find properties available on dates that worked for me. I then purchased and booked the rewards while still on the phone.

Originally wanted two nights at MB and one at Red Rock, ended up at Luxor and GVR, I’m happy with that.

15. bwatson23

bwatson23 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh man I'll be so mad If this happens, hopefully it doesn't. Obviously this stuff is free but I've got three years of LPs built up now and without rooms I don't see a point in playing.

16. SH0CK

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since December. I haven't heard of them changing anything since then.

17. Frankr163

Frankr163 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You cannot get a refund after you have booked the room however.
    I lost an Aria room comp last fall after my plans had to be changed.

Anniversary Trip
  18. neminem

neminem Low-Roller

Fixed that for you. When have companies ever announced "exciting changes" that were actually exciting for their customers, rather than for their investors? My favorite was, and I still love Southwest, but I can't believe they did this, when a month or two ago they announced changes like that, the entire change being that they were making frequent flier miles worth less sometimes. Thanks a lot, Southwest. (We still love you though. At least for now.)

That said, I hold out hope that it won't completely ruin the whole thing. I mean, they want they work right now is kind of wonky and nonintuitive, so if it's actually a "change" rather than just making it universally worse, it could still be better for us without making it worse for them, just by making it more logical... I can't imagine they'd really remove them completely. What would be left, really?

19. Thickskinnedalive

Thickskinnedalive Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't see it happening yet. The comped rooms are the perfect filler for slow times and weekdays. It gets people on the property spending money on food, drinks, shows, gaming, etc. Plus with resort fees over $30 a night now that keeps the lights on and grunts working. Room is there so you may as well fill it.

20. miniwhale

miniwhale High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So what exactly are you asking? Have you purchased the room comp with your lps yet? I see some hotels have them available for purchase (with lps) right now. I just see MGM and Mirage weekday comp room bonus available for purchase, didn't check the other properties.

If you have already purchased the reward, and are trying to book a room, that is a different story. The availability calendar you see for each room/property will not be updated. If it is sold out, they don't updated the calendar to reflect that. These calendars came out, I believe, the beginning of December. And many people booked their rooms at that time or the next couple months.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.