1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Frontier Airlines

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by blackjacknut, Mar 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure what is going on with Frontier airlines but out of Cleveland they are having issues with taking off on time. The 16 flights what were supposed to take off out of Cleveland at 8:45 a.m. from March 14th to today, 50% of them have been delayed and one took off and was diverted to Denver. The delays are anywhere from 1 hour to 7 hours and weather has not been a factor in any of these delays. I'm flying United next week to Vegas but have a group of friend who are on Frontier flight 1113 (the suspect flight I described above), so hopefully they will have better luck.

2. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Frontier has been having issues with new reservation software, I had problems checking in online and printing my boarding pass for a flight from Trenton to Chicago. I for about 45 minutes I was getting an error message about their server. Not something I want to encounter the night before a 6:25 am flight when I have to get up at 3:30 am.

On my return flight I never received an email 24 hours prior to departure reminding me to check in. I had delays checking in and printing a boarding pass and the departures board at Midway directed me to the wrong gate. But, it was a $39 fare (plus $15 for luggage) and I was able to park within 50 yards of the terminal.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
  3. playallday

playallday Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I took Frontier in November from Cleveland to Vegas and I upgraded to the front due to my disability. All went well and we were on time. However, in January we were in Florida coming home on United. Our flight was full due to the Frontier flight from Fort Lauderdale to Cleveland being cancelled. There was not even a person at the counter to help these people. We talked to one couple and they had to pay $500 apiece to go one way on our United flight because Frontier did not have another flight out for three days. I worry about them so this time I found a flight for August on United for an ok price and booked it. I hope your friends get there on time and you all have a safe and wonderful trip!!

4. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just great.

We have a flight booked out of Cleveland on Frontier in three weeks.

5. Dynasty22

Dynasty22 Blackjack Connoisseur

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're flying Frontier for the 1st time in July. I pray it goes well round trip

6. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So call me a nerd but I investigated the reason for today's Frontier delays. Every Frontier flight out of Cleveland today is delayed, the reason as the arriving flights into Cleveland are all scheduled to land after the departing flight times out of Cleveland. The plane that was supposed to be used for flight 1113 to Vegas today is coming out of Orlando, this originating Orlando flight was scheduled to depart at 9:30 a.m. EST, this is 45 minutes after flight 1113 was to depart from Cleveland to Vegas. There is no way these flight can be on time, Frontier apparently is having severe scheduling issues.

7. mrstealth

mrstealth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry to hear about this situation. I used to fly frontier regularly from MKE->LAS and MKE->PHX and until about 1 year ago was very good. Since then they have changed to a "ultra low cost" fare with everything, including carry-ons costing an additional fee. They are trying to save money at every corner - very poor check in support, nasty gate agents, etc, and while I like to save money also, when it comes to flying, I personally don't want to save to a point where I am late, miss connecting flights, etc. I now pay slightly more (for the ticket up front) to fly southwest, but with the free baggage, and now direct flight it is worth in in my opinion.

Please keep us up to date on the situation and I think it may be time to let frontier management know there changes are not working and is causing a lot of stress for their customers. I know unfortunately for some, it may be their only alternative which makes the situation only worse.

8. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I nearly booked Frontier when I booked my trip but I passed when I seen the reviews, glad I went with SWA, which if you read the swa Facebook page, they are the worst airline ever, not my opinion.

9. playallday

playallday Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I read where a lot of people were saying the same as you said...that they were a really good airline up to a year or so ago and now have changed. I went and read reviews on Frontier and there was nothing good to say. My flight was fine but it seems that is rarely the case. By all the complaints I think that their management knows but just doesn't care. They offer these amazing low cost prices but cannot always deliver the goods. I would rather pay a little more but know that I am going to get what I paid for....at least most of the time.

10. LV2GAMBLE

LV2GAMBLE Certified LOW Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now ya all got me worried!! :confused2: We will be flying home on Frontier on our next trip. Our flight leaves LAS at 6:30 a.m. into DEN. We have approximately 1/2 hour to catch our next plane. I am hoping that the flight is on time so we don't miss it. The next flight to our airport is not for another 3 days....YIKES.

11. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do they give any compensation when the flight is delayed by hours?? They should.

12. playallday

playallday Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know if they do. I looked up their rules online in case of delayed flights or cancelled flights and it doesn't look like they work with another partner airline. Like we had a cancelled United flight last year and they put us on Delta at no cost. Then they reimbursed us for the flight as well. The people that we met that Frontier cancelled their flight had no one to talk to they were instructed by a sign to call customer service. They said they were on hold for 45 minutes...that is when they bought the ticket on United to get home. I wish I knew their outcome and if they got reimbursed. From what I read Frontier would have had to reimburse them for their flight but I don't think they reimbursed them for the flight they had to pay on United...which was much more then they spent on the Frontier flight. I hope all goes good for you all. We did ok when we took it so there is some good things too...not all bad. It will work out I know it!

13. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Things like compensation and rebooking on other airlines are partly dictated by the FAA. Some carriers are slower to do it but if you know the regs, they will have to accommodate you.

14. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  15. playallday

playallday Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  16. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oy....

I guess you get what you pay for.

17. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This mornings Frontier flight 1113 was only an hour late leaving for Vegas. However what is interesting is the inbound flight from Ft. Meyers was on time last night arriving at midnight. So the plan for flight 1113 was already on the ground this morning and they were still and hour late leaving out of Cleveland. This confirms my suspicion that they are having serious issues with there new scheduling system/software.

18. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Southwest will give compensation in some cases but they will not rebook you on another airline, so I am wondering if its dictated by the FAA how they can avoid it.

19. phade

phade Keeping tabs on LV while not there...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That stinks, I had actually been looking into flying Frontier out of CLE as a western NYer. The cost difference was huge and it is an easy drive to CLE.

20. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There flight to LAS from CLE today was on time, its hit and miss with them out of Cleveland.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.