1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Scotch Bars on the Strip

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by irishdave, Mar 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. irishdave

irishdave VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got a no-notice trip for St Paddy's Day, leaving tomorrow through Thurs!! As a scotch aficionado, I'd like to try some higher end stuff that I don't don't get very often since I want to don't drop a couple of hundred on a bottle I haven't tried. So for all of you experieced LV drinkers out there, what bars on the strip have the best selection of single malts (thinking anywhere between $30-$75/dram)? Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  2. TimWhalen

TimWhalen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haven't had too many drams on the strip but I have noticed a lot of steak places have amazing selections. Its not on the strip but I can vouch for the Whisky Attic as a great time. It's a reservation only spot and it's more of a class so it might not be your scene but something to consider.

3. Taking

Taking Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe Andre's at Monte Carlo would be the place you would like.

4. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
  5. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I second the recommendation for the Whisky Attic. I haven't been to the new location yet, but I've had consistently had a great time there and I don't even like brown liquors.

6. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try the bar at Delmonico (Venetian). Excellent selection of single malts along with great whiskeys and bourbons.

7. irishdave

irishdave VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the suggestions. Made it to CraftSteak and Delmonico, both have awesome selections and worth checking out. I liked the feel of Delmonico better, a little more relaxing and more separation from the dining area so easier to enjoy the dram. The Bourbon Room just down the way from Delmonico also has lives up to it's name with a fine variety of bourbon.

8. RM777

RM777 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cardu is spelled incorrectly. Yes, I'm that guy ;)

9. Stizz19

Stizz19 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been to all of the first 3 replies to this thread, Andres has a decent selection, CraftSteak had some great ones as well but nothing holds a candle to Whisky Attic. We did the tasting experience for a Stag last year (10 each) and it was incredible. It's too bad the Frog closed down, that place was great to hang out afterwards.

10. TimWhalen

TimWhalen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nothing like leaving the Attic/Frog and being blinded by the Vegas sun lol. Anyone tried out the Attic's new spot? I know it's not the be all and end all but I have read a few bad reviews lately on the Attic, wondering if they've dropped or just had some guests with ridiculous expectations.

11. Stizz19

Stizz19 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have not yet. I'm going to Vegas in June but none of the people I am going with drink Whisky but I really want to go back and try. JD was the one who hosted our tasting while Adam was teaching a class down at the Frog.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.