1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Playing at different mLife properties during a comped stay

Discussion in 'Comps' started by VegasSchemer, Mar 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasSchemer

VegasSchemer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey all,

I just leveled up at mLife basically because I loved their videoblackjack machine at Luxor (.35% house edge) a little too much. haha I'd rather stay at Mirage or MGM but probably will just play more on that machine. I am a little too impatient and erratic in my betting behavior to just sit down and play tables at a consistent average bet. Anyway, would I be able to keep good offers at the better mLife properties while doing about 60% of my play at other places or will hosts only care about what I do at their properties?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
  2. sigsev

sigsev Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Play across all mlife properties will show on your account, however hosts do work for a particular property and not for the larger MGM group. For that reason I always try to log significant play wherever I am staying, but that doesn't mean I won't play at lots of places on a trip. I once had a host at MB tell me I was winning lots at her club but then losing it at Bellagio etc. I don't stay at MB anymore.

3. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if you book with a host at MGM he will get no credit for your play at Luxor or any other Mlife property.

if you book on a corporate offer, it doesn't matter where you play.

4. VegasSchemer

VegasSchemer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How would backend comps work then? Say I stay at MGM on a corporate offer and charge stuff to my room there but play at Luxor.

During my last stay, I picked up $20 in freeplay at MGM and while there the lady at the desk offered a buffet even though I hadn't played there yet at all. Does that mean there is some flexibility? Would I need to talk to VIP services at each place I charged stuff?

Again, thanks so much for all your help.

5. jdvegas

jdvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Always charge everything back to your room no matter what MGM property you are at. You only need to check with VIP services at the hotel you are staying at when you check out. Like others said, if going through a host, they will not be too happy. If just booking an offer without a host, it doesn't matter.

6. Krh2o

Krh2o MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you know if they have the machine at Mirage. I know they have one like the one at Excalibur at Aria when I was there in Feb. I'm assuming the Excalibur and Luxor one is the same. If they don't have that at Mirage it's a long walk to another mlife property.

7. VegasSchemer

VegasSchemer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I looked this info up a few hours ago. MGM has a similar one I could use (.5%) edge. Mirage is a 2% house edge. Bellagio had a .65 game. MGM it is.

8. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    no, all comps always come from the hotel you're staying at.

9. CtheWorld

CtheWorld Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Without a host It may still matter some.

I think you need to have at least some percentage of your play (10%?) be at a property for that property to be able to send you offers. So if you want to keep getting offers directly from a property you should have some of your play there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.