1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Table Games Betting MORE on the active point in craps.

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by DoubleUp, Mar 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DoubleUp

DoubleUp Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What is the best way to bet more money on the active point if you are already at the odds limit?
    As an example: $10 table, you have $10 passline bet. Point is 8. You place max odds but for some reason you want to bet even more on the 8. I don't know if they will let you place the 8 since it is the point. You can of course increase your pass line bet a bit to allow even more odds, and that is what I see people do. As long as you can place 5X odds, this is no worse then a place bet, but is there another way? Suppose the table limited you to 2x odds instead, then you would NOT want to just increase pass line and add more odds, since the place bet would pay better. Can i place the bet somehow? Put down a "Put" bet next to my pass line bet?

Cheers!

2. sevenyo11

sevenyo11 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Placing the 8 is the best way.

3. DoubleUp

DoubleUp Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How do the dealers handle it? Where do they put it?

4. sigsev

sigsev Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's just placed in your spot like a regular place bet, so you will have both the come bet and place bet on your spot on the 8. Dealers often call this "double dipping".

5. DoubleUp

DoubleUp Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, I was thinking of when the 8 was the point, so the big white "ON" (or as my friend calls it, the "NO" puck :) is sitting on top of the spot where my place bet would go.....

6. sigsev

sigsev Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't worry, they'll find a spot for your bet. Place bets straddle the line that forms the box around the "8", whereas come bets are set back from that line a tiny bit. If there's truly no room for the puck the dealer will move it above the 8 and the don't come/lay area close to his working stacks.

7. sevenyo11

sevenyo11 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can even place it yourself, put your bet on the bottom line of the pass line. generally its understood that's a place bet.

8. sigsev

sigsev Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dealers will get very annoyed if you do this. The place area is the dealer's responsibility. Anything from the come bet area down to the pass line is the player's responsibility.

9. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He's talking about placing the bet on the line behind where a pass line bet would go. You're NOT reaching over and placing a bet in the dealer's area.
    You see people place it on the line if they miss the come out roll all the time.

10. sevenyo11

sevenyo11 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Annoyed? Negative. I never play the pass line and always place the point this way. I place it at the bottom ON the bottom pass line.

11. airball1996

airball1996 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Throw a bunch out on hard 8......

12. Crambone

Crambone Gnaeus Pompey Magnus

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen where the player, after the Point is made, increase his Pass Line bet and added more odds behind it. The Dealers allowed it.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  13. sevenyo11

sevenyo11 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea but if he is already at max odds he would have to add money on the front also. That's why you are better off placing it at that point.

14. sigsev

sigsev Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ah yes, I see I misread that now. My apologies. That's usually interpreted as a put bet, and not something you'd do if you already had a pass line bet.

15. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I buy in after a point has been established I'll place the point by putting the chip(s) on the bottom line of the pass line, as described earlier. Never a problem.

16. LV_Bound

LV_Bound Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you buy in after the point was established, I thought you needed to put the chips partially on the pass line to get full odds and not just place bet odds?

Also, the way I read it is if you already have your odds bet down but simply want to do more.
    My concern about placing another stack of chips by the pass line is the dealers my assume its a bet for them as that is how I place odds bet for the crew.

17. vsop

vsop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If the point is already established and a player puts a bet down that is straddling the pass line box and the free odds bet area, it is understood that the player is making a PLACE bet on the point....if the point is made, the payout is like a PLACE bet, not true odds...in order to get paid true odds, after a point is established, is to put money on the pass line and back it up with your odds bet....which you shouldn't do if the point if already established since you are only getting paid even money on the pass line bet.....the exception would be if the max odds allowed were 5X or better.

18. snoopydogj

snoopydogj High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have done this before.................You know what happens every time I get greedy.:thumbsdown:

19. thestugot

thestugot Low-Roller

Point = 4 bet the 10 and hard 10
    Point = 5 bet the 9
    Point = 6 bet the 8 and hard 8
    Point = 8 bet the 6 and hard 6
    Point = 9 bet the 5
    Point = 10 bet the 4 and hard 4

I call this "opposite craps". I prefer spreading the chips over 2 numbers rather than loading up on one. Love craps!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.